FoHO: Why no players?

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

Kukanani

FoHO: Why no players?

Postby Kukanani » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 am

I just logged on to the beta server for Foundations of Hope Online and, as usual, was pleasantly surprised by what I found there.

FoHO is a real game. It's totally playable in its current state. Seriously people, why aren't there more players online? I was the only person logged in.

As Christian Developers, we need to support other developers. That means actually playing their games, especially MMOs where the players basically ARE the game.

And no, I wasn't asked to post this 8-)
"Blessed is the one whose way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord"
Psalm 119:1
bugala

Re: FoHO: Why no players?

Postby bugala » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 am

If the mention of "Just logged in" was correct, then your timing was bad.

By guess i say people play there at US times.

although I myself am european, I happen to be awake at nights, so I happen to play at US times too.
mikale

Postby mikale » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:34 am

HOW do you play it? I'd love to, but I thought it was still in closed beta, which I never signed up for. But maybe I should give it a go.
christo

Postby christo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm

get an account on the forum(it is also the game login) and it looks like the game link is in the first post of this topic in the forum

http://www.foundationsofhope.com/module ... 5659a949de

I used to play but I ran into roadblocks in the game that made it not so fun. I am sure it has improved since then but I never got around to playing it again. When I did play I think I was always playing the solo version rather than the online one so would have never seen me.
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:00 pm

I always just stopped at account creation...
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
Leathel

Postby Leathel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 am

Most of the signed up players have probably gotten bored since they have been through the previous Alpha and had characters at higher levels. Most are waiting on quests to be implemented to start doing something different.

Once I get the new FoHO Advanced version up and running I will start focusing most of my time on quests and population will probably start increasing after that.

But mainly I have been focused on technology and art. I need to know what capabilities I have before I can implement quests. Like my code that implemented armor showing up on thighs, shins, etc and weapons in scabbards on the back is causing some random crashing. I wanted to fix it before creating quests but not having any luck, so finally decided I will create quests, but all that extra armor just won't show up. Atleast quests will be implemented, but the art side of the character will be a little dull. But no crashing is more important to me than features so I will move on without that extra code for now.
PhoenixFire

Postby PhoenixFire » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 am

I would LOVE to play it, and would if I could. But I don't have a very good internet connection(one of those Verizon wireless internet cards. The average speed where we live is 24KBs a second :x )

Is FoHO free to play? Or is there a monthly fee?

I have a lot of friends who are currently playing Lord of the Rings online, I might be able to convince them to switch to this one for a while...
And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
mikale

Postby mikale » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 pm

So I signed up and played it yesterday.
Mack wrote:Right now FoHOs beta stage is testing for reliability and stability, I've run around many of the zones (right now I'm binded to Swamp). However there's no real direction for me, I'm just running around the world trying to break things for Leathal to fix. :P

The next beta stage will have full quests and more details on what to do in the world. I think at that point we'll see a more retained player base as they'll have things to do.
Yeah, I kind of hoped that. Usually in games like this there's a person you walk up and talk to and he tells you what to do. Can't wait to play the quest betas.