Sleep Tracker app for iDevices

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

VisionaryCynic

Sleep Tracker app for iDevices

Postby VisionaryCynic » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey guys

I haven't posted in a while, but ever since the last speed game I've been working hard on learning iPhone development. 6 months later I've finally got my first app out :D

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Basically, you tell the app when you go to bed and when you wake up, and it'll graph and analyze you're sleep patterns.

Here's the link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sleep-tr ... ?mt=8&ls=1" target="_blank

And here's a few promo codes for anybody who wants to try it out for free, first come first serve. It's normally $0.99:
WAA3HFELHLFX
7FHW3KTTWP9L
WN996HTAWREY
H96FKKYAK4A4
JHFRK7W6K3MX

And I wanted to say a special thanks to Sam for answering my questions when I started learning this stuff. It may not have seemed like much to you, but it was very helpful to me.
andygeers

Re: Sleep Tracker app for iDevices

Postby andygeers » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 am

Congrats on getting your first app out there!
GraceWorks

Postby GraceWorks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 am

Hey - congrats!!

Could you incorporate some of the device's sensor inputs to more accurately capture sleep patterns?

This could be invaluable for folks with sleep apnea - who often don't get good sleep even with equipment like CPAP. In the current implementation, just recording when they went to bed and got up would not accurately represent their sleep. Perhaps assign it levels based on how restless the sleep was. Are there external sensors they can connect to if what is built-in is insufficient.

Just some thoughts.

God bless,
Tim
ArchAngel

Postby ArchAngel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 am

Maybe integrate an alarm clock as a waking/sleeping mechanism.

By "turning on the alarm," their signifying they're in bed and by turning it off (snoozes don't count), they're up. It can integrate pretty seamlessly into someone's lifestyle that way.
Q.E.D.
VisionaryCynic

Postby VisionaryCynic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks for checking it out, and for the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for the next update.