Christian RPG & Book Kickstarter (Fully Funded Thank You!!!)

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

randyness

Christian RPG & Book Kickstarter (Fully Funded Thank You!!!)

Postby randyness » Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/352 ... dragon-con

Hey, some of you know me. My name is Randy Blackwell and I am CEO of Lamplight Media and Author of Rise of the Magi (book 1 in the Forgotten Portals series).

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Magi-Forgott ... 037&sr=8-1

A while back I shelved a Christian video game project and decided to work on a project that I could have more control over and required no funding. I decided to write a novel. Books get made into movies and movies get made into video games. This is what I call "the long road" to my original goal.

I have had my first novel "Rise of the Magi" published and my publisher tells me that the second novel in the series will be published by August.

I am using my company (Lamplight Media) to publish a hardback D&D style Christian Roleplaying game book and some expansion books with it. It will be a pencil/paper/dice game with Christian symbolism and parabolic teaching with team building. Good for youth groups, gamers, and home schoolers.

I recently applied for a vendors booth at Dragon Con. Dragon Con is a multigenre convention which takes place once each year in Atlanta, Georgia. As of 2012, the convention draws attendance of 52,000, features hundreds of guests, encompasses five hotels in downtown Atlanta near Centennial Olympic Park, and runs thousands of hours of programming for fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, and other elements of fan culture.

There were thousands of applicants for the 350 booths available. Lamplight Media was one of the applicants chosen because of the uniqueness of our product (Christian Fantasy/sci-fi novels, RPG Books, and art). I count it a God thing that we were chosen out of so many secular applicants.

I have spoken to several vendors who have gone to Dragon Con before. I have heard everything from that I will sell a thousand books a day to i will sell 50 a day. To decrease my risk in the amount of prints that I end up taking and to absorb some of the cost of creating the art and RPG Book I have started a Kickstarter project with some cool backing rewards.

My goal is to reach 5,000. So far we have $1,041 in backing from 21 backers and 24 days to go before the Kickstarter campaign ends. My daily goal is 175 to reach the 5000 in 30 days and we are $4 dollars over that goal right now.

I believe I have exhausted my influence on Facebook and I am now reaching out to you guys.

I would like to ask you to go to please pray and also consider sbacking the first Christian RPG game (pencil/paper/dice version) in a decade and Forgotten Portals book series for some cool rewards, we're going to DragonCon, we need your support!

Thanks, Randy Blackwell
randyness

Re: Christian Media Kickstarter (We need your help!!!)

Postby randyness » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Kickstarter Help!

2nd day with no new backers.

We are behind $279 with $1,121 of the %5,000 goal.

I’m very thankful to those of you who have backed the project. I was afraid that this would happen because my influence only reaches so far. However, if you support the idea or you are already one of our backers PLEASE share this project on Facebook with other people. If you can’t back it you can help make it viral.

randyness

Postby randyness » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Cricket: <chirp> <chirp>
nopolicies

Postby nopolicies » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 am

Yoorah -- Glad to see you guys got fully funded!