Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham (RPG)

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

PhoenixIStudios

Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham (RPG)

Postby PhoenixIStudios » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:37 am

Hello everyone,

This is Martin with Phoenix Interactive Studios. I'd like to let everyone know about our new 3rd person single player RPG called Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham which is currently in development and scheduled for release November of 2014 for Mac and PC! We're hoping to be able to release a version for Xbox and PlayStation as well. In the game, you play the role of an Elamite outcast, and join Abraham's caravan to participate in his journey - traveling throughout Canaan, Egypt, and Mesopotamia. Fierce battles, honor and glory, and the destruction of ancient evils await you on your path as you choose how your own story will play out.

Development is well underway, and we are planning to launch a Kickstarter project very soon to raise funding for completion, as well as putting it up on Steam Greenlight. I'll keep everyone up to date on that and would greatly appreciate your support and feedback! Thanks and God bless you all.

Teaser #1: http://youtu.be/obd8ec4Vpqw

On the Web: http://www.PhoenixInteractiveStudios.com

Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/PhoenixInteractiveStudios
sketche99

Re: Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham (RPG)

Postby sketche99 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Gotta say, from what I've seen thus far, I'm impressed! Great Job!

The Logo of the title and company look very professional, as does the website, twitter and Facebook pages!
I know the game is still in the early stages, but does look very promising!
BTW are you using Unity? I think I recognized UniStorm in the gameplay trailer but I could be wrong...
(UniStorm is a nice piece of Unity tech, just a FYI)
So I'll definitely be following this project, and I'll be praying for the team as well!

God Bless!
CDNAdmin
Site Admin

Postby CDNAdmin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 am

Welcome to CDN!

You ideas sound cool, please keep us updated with your progress!
brandav

Postby brandav » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 am

The game looks great! How did you advertise to get over 8,000 likes on facebook? word of mouth?
PhoenixIStudios

Postby PhoenixIStudios » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys! @sketche99 yes we are using Unity and UniStorm - you called it! @bdmccowan yes we used word of mouth and also some targeted Facebooks ads.

Our Kickstarter is now live at http://www.CallofAbraham.com. Please check it out and help spread the word! We would really appreciate it. Thanks!
bugala

Postby bugala » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Not meaning to be discouraging, but rather trying to save you from disappointment by being realistic, but I doubt you can reach 100K unless you have some secret investor there.

Christian kickstarters even with just 10 000 USD goal tend to fail (actually I can think only one christian kickstarter that reached over 10k goal succesflly, and that was Kings of Israel board game). It would be first time for Christian game to reach 100k funding in kickstarter as far as i know.

Hope you do succeed in that, for it would be great, plus I liked what your game looked like etc. and backed it on kickstarter too.
PhoenixIStudios

Postby PhoenixIStudios » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks Bugala for your support on Kickstarter! Very much appreciated. We hear what you're saying, and you're right. Isn't it a shame though that that is the way it is? We think Christians need to rally and support projects like Call of Abraham and others and really bring God, the Bible, and the Christian worldview into the video game space in a greater way. I know you all agree, that's part of why we're here and why this forum exists, right? So we are going to do our best and trust that the Lord will bring the increase as He sees fit. We want to shatter the status quo of the Christian game market in a way that will not only lead to our success, but also encourage more Christian developers to do the same and re-define the industry. If God wills, it certainly can be done. :)
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 am

I've just blogged about this, encouraging people to contribute.

I know we've all been burned in the past by games we had high hopes for, and were disappointed by. And I know it's a long shot trying to raise this much money for a Christian project. But it's a chicken and egg thing, and the only way we're EVER going to get a good Christian game is if we're willing to support it with our wallets.

Phoenix Studios, I wish you all the best in this, and will pray that your project succeeds, with or without this Kickstarter.
bugala

Postby bugala » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:41 am

Although you are still quite far from reaching the goal (and actually getting the money), I still like to congratulate you. I think you have raised more kickstarter money than any other christian game project have so far succeeded, and I think that is great achievement in itself!

It raises up the hope that perhaps the possibility to raise 100 000 USD through kickstarter for a christian game is much closer than at least I have thought. Who knows, it still wouldnt be impossible that due to amount for money you have already been able to gather, it would gain some great momentum and christians all around, including those who dont even spend their time in internet talk about it and that way the necessary funds are possible to gain.

For sure thing is, its not that there wouldnt be enough christians to support something like this, it is just a matter of how to reach them. And so far all the game campaigns have stayed fairly unknown among common believers. What I mean by this is that it is not a topic that local churches keep talking, unlike some other things have been that have reached everyones ears so to say.