Upbeat Bird - Flappy Bird style musical timing game

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

thejambi

Upbeat Bird - Flappy Bird style musical timing game

Postby thejambi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 am

Hi everyone! I recently helped a friend release a game for iPhone/iPad called Upbeat Bird. It's a game that helps you develop musical timing skill and I absolutely love it. It's challenging and it is a fun game that helps build a real useful skill. Find it on the App Store or play it online, install it on Mac, or read more about it at http://calebhugo.com/musical-games-inte ... beat-bird/

There are links at the bottom of the page there that give more info about the game, and reading them will help you as you start playing. Try it out! Thanks!

I've been a reader of the forum here for a long time but never had much to post since I haven't worked on games before. We also created a musical (and completely infinite/circular) version of 2048, which you can find on the games section of the site linked to above if you are interested. Try that one out too, it sounds beautiful as you play!
andygeers

Re: Upbeat Bird - Flappy Bird style musical timing game

Postby andygeers » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 am

Hi Zach, I hadn't realised this was you! Congrats again on getting it live - how's the response been?
thejambi

Re: Upbeat Bird - Flappy Bird style musical timing game

Postby thejambi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 am

It's been pretty good I think! Seems like everyone who we really hoped would be interested in it has been. I'm trying to get the word out to people who might like it. I'm hoping music teachers will find out about it and get excited to share it with students, because even though it's crazy fun and addicting, it's sneakily educational. I am getting better at music because of it, so I think it has potential. My friend did a great job putting it together.