Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

CDNAdmin
Site Admin

Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Postby CDNAdmin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Post what you're currently working on at the moment. It could be a piece of code, a sound effect, music clip, art piece, a paragraph from some writings, anything really!

Don't just talk about it, include a piece of it!
Zookey

Re: Talk is Cheap! Post what your working on.

Postby Zookey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:10 am

http://web.mac.com/zookey/Shattered_Soul/ATTENTION%21.html

Check it out--this is the mini site for Shattered Soul and it will be updated frequently!
In Life there is Rockstars and Cover Bands: Which one are you??
http://www.teamkaizengames.com
Team KAIZEN Independent Video Game Studio
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:40 am

Heh, I'm glad there's a Talk Is Cheap thread - feels like home already :)

Today I think I'm working on an article for my relaunched website (http://www.geero.net/) about why I'm bothering to make Bible-teaching computer games. I think I'm going to title it "Expository Coding". But don't hold me to any of that!
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:36 am

I've been working on a game called The Well of Bethlehem. http://www.hanclinto.com/mediawiki/inde ... _Bethlehem Its nickname is WoB. I've also been working on a game for Christmas called "A Snow Adventure".
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
jestermax

Postby jestermax » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:34 am

Here's the current list:

1) A shooter game with one of the members from my game Zero Hour's dev team. Jamming out on TGB 1.5 but maybe i'll switch to 1.6.

2) Steganography software. A fun encryption algorithm for hiding text in images. I have a few plans on making the cypher impossible (literally) to break.

3) Java multiplayer gaming architecture. I've been working on some designs for a system that uses multithreaded TCP and UDP channels for passing data around.

4) Working on reading up on some integral calculus. Anti-differentiation isn't fun :(
Zookey

Postby Zookey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:41 am

jestermax wrote:Here's the current list:

1) A shooter game with one of the members from my game Zero Hour's dev team. Jamming out on TGB 1.5 but maybe i'll switch to 1.6.

2) Steganography software. A fun encryption algorithm for hiding text in images. I have a few plans on making the cypher impossible (literally) to break.

3) Java multiplayer gaming architecture. I've been working on some designs for a system that uses multithreaded TCP and UDP channels for passing data around.

4) Working on reading up on some integral calculus. Anti-differentiation isn't fun :(

Don't forget you are rocking it on our crew too LOL :-P
In Life there is Rockstars and Cover Bands: Which one are you??
http://www.teamkaizengames.com
Team KAIZEN Independent Video Game Studio
PFC

Postby PFC » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:56 pm

since I have no real name for my mmorpg I decided to give it the temporary name of PYMMORPG (an mmo written in Python)

I'm aiming for a demo by the end of the month

recently added:
-dynamic object movement interpolation
-sub-tile movement (you can now move anywhere on a walkable tile)
-multiple tile layers for the map(can have both the grass tile and a tree tile at the same position)
-left-click for character select(displays user-name and/or stats above the user)
-colision detection moved client side(only for map permanent objects such as trees, this speeds up the server allot)

Also, I ran a successful test at school with 35 users logged in at once
nothing slowed down at all... and I got some good ideas from some friends.

screenshots:

also, I set up http://passionateforchrist.googlepages.com/
for placing my latest screenshots (also contains larger versions of each picture)
ChickenSoup

Postby ChickenSoup » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Nothing computer-related yet, for me.

just a couple reports for school, but I have an urge to paint something... oh yeah, by the way, I use oil paints :D something wintry probably, what with the 10-15 inches of snow outside right now... Although a summer scene could be a nice change :P
If grammar is for squares...

...call me a cube.
crazyishone

Postby crazyishone » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 pm

Beginning a security group, detailed in the Help Wanted section.
{{Injecting nightmares as you sleep. }}
bwoogie

Postby bwoogie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:04 pm

i'll post something later (tomorrow prolly) but im just glad to see this thread. :) The heart of ccn ;)
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:40 pm

I've been working on an RPG/Adventure game. It will probably go into beta testing in March of 2008.

You play a sarcastic adventure party who must save the world from zombies. Actually, there's not much left to save, because the entire world is undead. But the King travelling with you seems to have some sort of hope, so you quest on.

Each character has unique skills to aid the party. Gathering the party without getting turned into a zombie is a good first quest. But the map is entirely explorable, so if you think you can do good with the elderly gentleman you start off with, go for it.

The game pulls from my film and story-telling experience, so it's minimal on GUI's. Instead, everything is played out in-game, including a lot of banter, flame, slander, rude remarks and just plain name-calling among the party members. ...something to listen to while mowing down hordes of orcs. It's definately in the "Horrific Comedy" genre. Orcs *and* zombies? Actually, there are over 100 different characters to encounter, get to know, and then empty your quiver into. Add to that another 100 ways to get squashed, spiked, burned, ambushed and drowned and you have the total number of enemies and traps that are out to get you.

But not all is gratuitous. No, like a good sandwich, I've slathered on a healthy swath of scripture. The saving grace of the party's earthly ways is their collection of Holy quotes taken from the Psalms. See, the game secretly teaches scripture, so the next time you're waste-deep in swamp juice, casting fireballs at a were-croc, you'll know exactly what to scream.

Christian Horror Comedy -- the Video Game. I think that narrows the target market down to ... the people on this site.

Advertisement off, Topic on:

This week, I put all the props into the level maker. There were 350 of them, and it looked like it would take weeks to complete it, but the Lord showed me an easy way and blamo, it's done with collision and sort drawing in just a few days. Also made it so that characters' body parts appear blue under water, orange under lava, and green under swampland.
HanClinto
Site Admin

Postby HanClinto » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 am

JeTSpice wrote:Christian Horror Comedy -- the Video Game. I think that narrows the target market down to ... the people on this site.

Wow. You just NAILED my demographic! Jeff, I don't know if I can express how much I'm looking forward to playing your game. :)

--clint
""

._Image
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 pm

PrivateFirstClass -- way to go! You're putting your money where your mouth is.
mastallama

Postby mastallama » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:16 pm

I would be careful with the "humps and lumps" of anatomy.

I'm not as tactful as JeTSpice...but I didn't even notice the "boob arm" until I double checked to see what JeTSpice was talking about. That was a bit excessive.
kenman

Postby kenman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:43 pm

I have been so busy with music I have not had a chance to much constructive coding. I had been trying to program a vst module but my attempts at that were futile. I will not be trying that again anytime soon.

Recently a Christmas colaboration album.
Realm Master

..here goes!

Postby Realm Master » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 pm

As I have stated elsewhere I am aiming to get my programming skillz back up to the relatively low level they were at with game created by mushing together two under-cooked games of mine... and a small batch of the physics I'm "learning" this year...
The result?

MIND OVER MATTER

A game that re-thinks what a side-scrolling shoot-em-up can be! Animation and programming already underway!
You are (of course) a new genetic soldier... no supersoldier mind you... you're hardly invincible, and your strenght only rivals taht of your compatriots... but there is one important difference: your mind. You have the power of telekenesis! With this power ANYTHING is possible! Use your powers to grap powerful weapons your enemies have dropped from across the screen, without leaving cover! hurl crates and boxes at your enemies! Even pick them up and throw them around! Crush an enemy tank with another one of their tanks! Even use your powers to grap your soldiers out of a sticky situation and into a safe zone! ...or... use them like baseballs and throw them at the enemy... your choice... :shock:
Of course, what fun would it be just to throw things around? Thats why the whole game will be designed to play like a side-scroller should! All weapons will be at your disposal! Hoards of enemies will be gunning for you! Get in a tank and mow them all down! You play the game how you feel it: Gung-ho and Rambo the whole thing, or use the powers of telekenesis to aid, assist, dis-assemble and destory!

And THAT my dear friends, is what I want to see come to the light. I've already got some character images and otehr obects. I'm going to mush some code together and see what happens! Prayers are appreciated (espeically considering that I finish practially nothing!)
Lava, June 10th 2008:
"You can take the Realm out of the girls thread but you can't take the girls thread out of the Realm...."
jari

Postby jari » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 pm

I'll try to work on the Darkening game whenever I can and today I continued working on the turn based play mode. I recorded this video

And I just rencently started practicing playing guitar, its been guite fun though there's lot to learn in the technique.
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:29 pm

I was working on my big java project and found myself in over my head a little with a new langauge (java) so stepped back - reworking something I wrote sometime ago. Dice roller for the PC.

Don't know if anyone will need this much power but it can

Give me the best roll of 3 20 sided dice, add 5d6 (but reroll any 6's the first time you get them) double that, and roll 4d4 open style (roll again on any 4's and keep adding)

While you are at it give me 30 of them all on one page.

Once you set it up (GUI) it's one click for the whole lot of rolls.

Mike (aka twobrotherssoftware)
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:53 pm

So does the phone version work?
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
christo

Postby christo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Been working on a reusable inventory system for items in a game. This is the first version I am releasing. Should be considered very early alpha and has not been tested beyond compiling.

source
http://tinyurl.com/2luese

dll
http://tinyurl.com/3d4e74

Language:VB.Net
Requires .net framework 2.0

no documentation
lots of stuff not implemented
things checked for(that I can remember):
unique
weight
items per size