Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

RobinH

Re: Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Postby RobinH » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 am

JeTSpice wrote:I'm taking a couple days' breather from RPGesus and working on an interactive film, using Youtube's new annotation feature.
Wow, neat; I didn't know about this new feature on Youtube. "Instant" Point & Click Choose-Your-Own-Adventure type videos? Looking forward to trying your project!
Brandon

Postby Brandon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 am

The Lord has really blessed and is growing me in actually doing paid development work lately for "clients". I've got a few game development contracts underworks. The first one a multiplayer soccer game is about 60% complete, and I just started on an MMO with a team of really talented people developing an MMO that is quite unique. I can say no more about that project, but I can have some video's of the soccer project up soon :)

I've also updated my online portfolio.
http://www.3rddaystudios.com/portfolio/portfolio.html

It's not that great, but much better than before :) Nothing new to report on the "Seekers" project atm, but we'll see how this week goes for dev....
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:48 pm

0.2.0 of Star Wars Death Star Escape. Comparing my exp with C++ with BM reminds me how much I *LOVE* BM.

Well, its basically 0.1.0 with a couple new features, like: it tells you where you can go. and you can now use "w" "n" "e" "s" along side "west" "north" "east" "south" completely adding in combat... and that's about it. The only thing I can imagine to add between 0.2.0 and 1.0.0 is to finish it by adding more stormies.

490 lines!

http://ncg.perd.org/Death_Star_Escape/index.html
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 pm

0.4.0 is added, all that's left is bug testing.
Last edited by Mene-Mene on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
M^2 out-
CPUFreak91

Postby CPUFreak91 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:50 pm

I've done a few levels on JeTSpice's game. The level editor is a bit wacky, but once you're used to it, it grows on you like a second skin. Sure eats up my CPU cycles though, fans were running full blast after 30 seconds of editing ;).

Kudos to JeTSpice for a great-looking, great-playing retro-like game!
59 6f 75 20 72 65 61 64 20 6d 79 20 73 69 67 6e 61 74 75 72 65 2e 20 47 6f 6f 64 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 21
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 am

0.5.0 is added! same site as before. Now combat is actually working... Everybody fires... I'd like to make sure balance, and bugs are good before 1.0 but I'm VERY close. The basic game is there its just near impossible. I'm considering adding in XP, and levels, let me know what you guys think!
M^2 out-
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:13 pm

I made a DVD for fathers day!!!!! It runs on our DVD player. Its such an awesome feeling. i ended up making the models in wings, animating them in blender, then recording the sound on my mp3 player, then compiling, making the menus and burning it in Premiere Elements.
M^2 out-
CPUFreak91

Postby CPUFreak91 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Mene-Mene wrote:I made a DVD for fathers day!!!!! It runs on our DVD player. Its such an awesome feeling. i ended up making the models in wings, animating them in blender, then recording the sound on my mp3 player, then compiling, making the menus and burning it in Premiere Elements.
That was a lot of work, but it's a rather unique and definitely personalized gift ;).

Had a meeting with Jeff. We're working on re-designing the UI for OFG. It will be cooler-looking, more functional, but it's a bit of a pain to program. When will Unity Tech create a graphical GUI designer for their game engine?
59 6f 75 20 72 65 61 64 20 6d 79 20 73 69 67 6e 61 74 75 72 65 2e 20 47 6f 6f 64 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 21
christo

Postby christo » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:00 pm

The trading card game project has been sidelined again in favor of my generic game item inventory system for active development. Basically the trading card game does little in progressing my skills in the direction I want to go and I haven't seen much interest in it(much less people that even know the genre). If you are interested in this project feel free to PM me if there is enough interest I may pick it up again. I may also consider letting someone else pick up the project.

On my generic game item inventory system I have done some bug fixing and added modifier support to the database interface. modifiers must be fully defined since I haven't implemented support for partial modifiers in the database yet. reading from the database is not working properly at this point though it does seem to be able to read item 0 but that is about all I have been able to verify.
Mike

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:32 pm

christo wrote:The trading card game project has been sidelined again in favor of my generic game item inventory system for active development.
It's funny how priorities change. I got some contract (or potential) work.

It's a j2me project touching alot of stuff I have not done before, but nothing that looks unlearnable.
bwoogie

Postby bwoogie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Mene-Mene wrote:I made a DVD for fathers day!!!!! It runs on our DVD player. Its such an awesome feeling. i ended up making the models in wings, animating them in blender, then recording the sound on my mp3 player, then compiling, making the menus and burning it in Premiere Elements.
Nice. Is chance of us getting a sneak peek?
I got my dad a
Spoiler! :
shirt
samw3
Site Admin

Postby samw3 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 pm

More progress on the retro 2D game lib. I can now animate sprites. w00t!

http://sam-n-rachel.com/ccn/GameLibTestV0.1.exe

God Bless!

P.S. I know, Robin, I should be in bed. I'm going now. :D
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:01 am

Here's a clip from my interactive movie game. Warning: It's a horror flick, so if you're prone to fright, be warned (and don't have your kids in the room)
Spoiler! :
samw3
Site Admin

Postby samw3 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:14 pm

@JeTSpice, the movie was kind of dark and I really couldn't see enough of what was going on to get spooked when whatever it was popped up on the screen quickly. Maybe tweak the gamma just a bit, or it might just be my monitor. Its a older lcd, but I have the brightness cranked.

@Mene-Mene, How did the presentation go? Did your dad like his gift? :)

More progress on the 2D retro engine. I've got property animation going now. The system will asynchronously animate x,y,xScale,yScale and angle over time using a simple linear interpolation. This was the part ported (loosely) from PulpCore. It was actually coded from scratch using the idea behind the PulpCore Animation class.

Here's the latest test .exe Oh, and remember, you don't have to install anything, just delete the .exe when finished. Its all just one monolithic file.

http://sam-n-rachel.com/ccn/GameLibTestV0.2.exe

God Bless!
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Thanks, Sam. I'll post the whole thing, and if it needs fixin' after that...

It seems to look different on youtube, so it might be a trial and error until it looks better.
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 am

Hey JeTSpice. That was pretty cool! It was done pretty well, I finally beat it after a few tries! :D
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Hoorah, praise the Lord, after a week of battling, I have finally managed to convert my two previous version control repositories (one from Microsoft Source Safe, one from Perforce) over to Subversion and merge them together, in order to upload the code for Hayah, the engine for my Bible-teaching computer games, to Google Code. Now I just need to painstakingly go through each file and change all references to the old name over to Arch's awesome idea of 'Hayah', and add licensing details etc.

Anyway, my code is now laid bare and exposed for all the world to see, so go and poke holes in it if you want.
CPUFreak91

Postby CPUFreak91 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Got another OFG bug in the pot, only 7 left to go! 5 should be quick fixes.
HanClinto
Site Admin

Postby HanClinto » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Been messing around with learning Flash. It's pretty cool. I learned how to embed bitmap graphics, but then last night I took a bit of time to learn how to export SVGs from my graphics editor and then embed and import those into my Flash file -- the result is *much* better scaling -- they just look so much smoother. You can check out the difference here:
Bitmap Version
SVG Version

I think it's pretty significant, and definitely worth it to go through the trouble of getting an artist who is SVG-capable.

--clint
""

._Image