Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Post updates of what you've been working on, make your development announcements, etc.

Moderator: samw3

mikale

Re: Talk is Cheap! Post what you're working on.

Postby mikale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am

I started a new game the same time as Ludum Dare was going on this weekend. I didn't enter it, but here's a timelapse of what I did and at the end you can see the result. I had a lot of fun watching other people make their games and providing feedback via twitter.

I plan to keep developing this game and release it eventually for iOS.
mikale

Postby mikale » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Development continues! :D

jcdied4me

Postby jcdied4me » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm

brownboot wrote:Finished up a design for the back wall of the church stage for the next sermon series. We'll be painting it up this week:

Hey Brownboot! It's been a while. I was asked to do something similar to the youth rooms wall. What's creepy is that it looks like the exact room; pitched roof, door placement, and all. I couldn't do it because I just don't have enough time these days but sure did want to. The result was really well done. Great work.
----------
God speed,
Jeff

jeffsfolio.com
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 am

This year I have been focussing more on my PrayerMate app and less on the Old Testament adventure games (sorry folks!)

I decided it was high time it got some attention from a professional designer, who tackled first the logo and then the app itself:

I've also added a bunch of new features, most notably the ability to subscribe to online prayer diaries from some organisations like Pioneers, MAF and Africa Inland Mission and improved Dropbox support.

I'm very encouraged to be over 60% of the way towards funding a port to Android as well. Do consider making a pledge if you want to help the world to pray!
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:47 am

The big feature people have been asking for in PrayerMate is syncing between devices - something I thought was going to be SUPER hard and take ages and ages to implement (every prior attempt to implement it had confirmed this). I wanted a solution that would allow offline use of your data, as well as syncing between iOS and Android. Then last night I discovered the new Dropbox Datastore API and ParcelKit and magically within about 30 minutes I have implemented syncing.

Needless to say I am over the moon about this. Today is a VERY good day.
SSquared

Postby SSquared » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:28 am

Andy, that is really cool to hear. Nice when things go so easily.
My quote: Have I mentioned I love C# and the iPad?
Another quote: Have I mentioned I love the iPad?
mikale

Postby mikale » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Made a Christmas EP. Buy it on iTunes: http://bit.ly/ChristmasOnAnIceberg
SSquared

Postby SSquared » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:45 pm

I just finished up some soundtrack work for several videos we are showing at church over the next few weeks and during our Christmas program. Now I'm practicing music for our Christmas program next week. This is the first time I'm participating in the program. It's stretching me and requiring me to do stuff I've never done before.
My quote: Have I mentioned I love C# and the iPad?
Another quote: Have I mentioned I love the iPad?
sketche99

Postby sketche99 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 am

Hey I was kinda bummed out that there was no winter speed game this year, I mean it wasn't officially announced, but the poll for it I thought had good enough feedback to have one. Anyway, here is a small Unity game I made in 5 days. I call it "Resist The Devils"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68091416/resist%20devil%20webgame/resist%20devils%20webgame.html

I usually only post around speedgame time, but I think I may show up a bit more from now on.

Also, of the Christian speedgames I've made I think this one is the best game, but, I feel the Christan part was tacked on at the end (because it was) and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Yeah, the game looks good, sounds good, and plays fairly well, but remove the 2 scriptures I added and its just another hack n' slash beat em' up.

Also, I'm thinking of making a Christian video game for Ouya's free the games fund. Still tinkering with the exact specifics of the game, but I'll keep you all posted!

Also, feedback on the game is greatly appreciated and, as a side note, you can use the Xbox 360 controller to control your player during the game, but still need the mouse to select menu items.
mikale

Postby mikale » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

Oh my goodness sketche99, this game is fantastic! I love how simple it is. Crazy that you made this in five days. I need to learn Unity. Yeah, if you want to make a game for the Ouya, I'd say go for it! I'd be happy to help and support you, although all I can make is 2D art. But let me know if you need any of that. (:

Keep up the great work!
b-o

Postby b-o » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:01 am

sketche99 wrote:... Anyway, here is a small Unity game I made in 5 days. I call it "Resist The Devils"...

Fun. Nice controls. The character needs a helmet if you want to portray the gospel armor of Ephesians 6:10-18.
sketche99

Postby sketche99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah, I had thought about the helmet afterwards myself. I will probably add a character with a helmet in an updated version of the game next year. Thanks for your feedback guys, definitely helps with the design process!
God Bless!
b-o

Postby b-o » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:57 pm

mightybotme wrote:Made a Christmas EP...

Is that you whistling, or is it a stunt whistler?
brandav

Postby brandav » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:07 am

Wow nice work sketche99!
mikale

Postby mikale » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 am

b-o - no, that is my buddy Captain Sunroof whistling :P
svenjacobs3

Postby svenjacobs3 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Hello everyone I am new. My name is Sven Jacobs sometimes, and I like doing pixel art and games, so I am going to make an RPG. Here is my progress:

I also make a Christian comic called Christian RPG. You can see that here: http://christianrpg.smackjeeves.com/

I am also, at this time, recontextualizing games in comics to give them spiritual themes, like this:

Those are my projects.

Thank you all. I hope you have nice times.
PhoenixFire

Postby PhoenixFire » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:34 pm

svenjacobs3 wrote:I am also, at this time, recontextualizing games in comics to give them spiritual themes, like this:

That's so awesome! I'm not much of a comic guy, but this is really good!

Keep up the good work!
And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision...For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
CDNAdmin
Site Admin

Postby CDNAdmin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm

svenjacobs3 wrote:Hello everyone I am new. My name is Sven Jacobs sometimes, and I like doing pixel art and games

Welcome to CDN!

Your projects are cool, please keep us updated on your progress!
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 am

So here's what I've been working on - launching PrayerMate for Android! Really chuffed to have it live at last - and so far the response has been pretty positive.

Thanks again to all who supported the Kickstarter in whatever capacity!
bugala

Postby bugala » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 am

sketche99 wrote:Hey I was kinda bummed out that there was no winter speed game this year, I mean it wasn't officially announced, but the poll for it I thought had good enough feedback to have one. Anyway, here is a small Unity game I made in 5 days. I call it "Resist The Devils"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68091416/resist%20devil%20webgame/resist%20devils%20webgame.html

Otherwise very nice game, but I have a problem there. My guy keeps moving towards right automatically all the time. I first thought thats how it was suppsoed to be until that water came. It makes accurate attacking very hard.