I Need Your Opinion - A Christian MMORPG...

Have a project that needs help or have a opening on your team? Post it here!

Moderator: samw3

HenryMorgan

I Need Your Opinion - A Christian MMORPG...

Postby HenryMorgan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

I've been offered the opportunity to join a development team for a secular role-playing game (mmorpg)

Honestly, I would rather work with/for anyone interested in developing a Christian mmorpg.

I have to decide what to do (which means if you are interested, you have 48 hours to reply to this
message, pmail me, or email me at CaptainHenryMorgan@live.com) would prefer pmail or to reply
on here.

Here's the deal. I have several years experience designing a mmorpg (Not programming - graphically
designing how the site would look, also i can do some art, and i have several other resources that
could help get a site going) - I Need A Programmer who feels God is calling them to develop a Christian mmorpg.

Please leave a message here if there's any possibility you might want to give it a shot.

Cap
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Re: I Need Your Opinion - A Christian MMORPG...

Postby Mene-Mene » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Cjari and SparklingVisions are the guys and girls you're looking for I believe...
Welcome to CDN!
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
PFC

Postby PFC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Welcome to CDN :)

what type of mmo are you planning on making and using what technology to run it?
David Lancaster

Postby David Lancaster » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Welcome!

May I ask why the 48 hours?
HenryMorgan

Postby HenryMorgan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome! And Thanks for the names Mene Mene :)

and I'm actually looking to help someone that is interested in developing a Christian mmorpg

David Lancaster wrote:Welcome!

May I ask why the 48 hours?
I was given the offer to help the secular site a few days ago, it'll be a week by the time
I get back to them in a couple days. It would be good experience to work for any mmorpg,
but if I can get in with a Christian site, that would be using time and effort for ministry
rather than any other type of gain. :)

Keep the comments coming please! Thanks so much

Cap
HanClinto
Site Admin

Postby HanClinto » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Hey Cap, welcome to CDN!

I agree with Mene-Mene -- lemme' fill in some of his information.

The most active Christian-based MMO that I know of who is accepting volunteers is Visions -- a Christian MMORPG set in the 2nd century Holy Land. That project is headed up by Sparkling, has been going on for a number of years, and just saw the release of their first minigame set in the world of Visions -- Chariots.
Another of our community members, Jari, has also been working on a Christian-based MMO called "Voice of His Word" for a while, and has made great progress, but it looks like his domain expired and I'm not sure if he's still pursuing it or not.

I definitely recommend at least checking out Visions -- they've got the most momentum of any group I know, and have some extremely dedicated people who have been working on the project for a number of years.

One of the other one I know of is ZoeXP, but I'm not sure if they're taking volunteers or looking to hire at the moment, though they are in development.

Thanks for your post! It's most welcome here. :)

In Christ,
clint
""

._Image
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:12 am

I know that Jari is still pursuing it, and is pursuing a cheaper provider... :D
M^2 out-
CPUFreak91

Postby CPUFreak91 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:35 am

HenryMorgan wrote:Here's the deal. I have several years experience designing a mmorpg (Not programming - graphically
designing how the site would look, also i can do some art, and i have several other resources that
could help get a site going) - I Need A Programmer who feels God is calling them to develop a Christian mmorpg.
That's definitely an ambitious project: ;)
VideoGamer.com: With WoW doing so well, it proves that it's a great idea.
FP: It would be a lot of work! [laughs]. But the thing you have to remember about the MMO genre, especially now that the bar is set by games like World of Warcraft, WoW has been in development since, in some shape or form, 1999. There's people on the WoW team that have been on that team for nine years. So there's nine years of technology and story and content that are created, so the bar for entry into the MMO genre, whether it's Blizzard or someone else, is very high as a result. So you're dealing with a market where games have nine years invested in them. And so to look at StarCraft and say well we could make an MMO out of that. Well yeah, but how many years would we have to invest in it to create the quantity of content and the quality of experience that would be required to meet just the minimum standard that's set by the games that are out there right now?
59 6f 75 20 72 65 61 64 20 6d 79 20 73 69 67 6e 61 74 75 72 65 2e 20 47 6f 6f 64 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 21
jari

Postby jari » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:27 pm

Mene-Mene wrote:I know that Jari is still pursuing it, and is pursuing a cheaper provider... :D
The VoHW mmo project is now on hold... it was my ambition for years but ive moved to simpler project for now.
Thanks Mene-Mene.
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 am

You tell 'em Star Craft!
M^2 out-