Looking for teammates

Have a project that needs help or have a opening on your team? Post it here!

Moderator: samw3

IrishCream

Looking for teammates

Postby IrishCream » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 am

Hey everyone,

I know a lot of people post in the help wanted section and the truth of the matter is there just isn't enough people to go around. Everyone is working on their own projects and don't have enough time to devote to another project.

That being said, if you are working alone or otherwise considering working with others, I'd encourage you to give us a shout.

Our Goals:
- Use the abilities and resources available to us to produce a finished and polished game. This means not engaging in a project that is beyond our capabilities and resources to produce (sorry no mmorpgs). We aim to develop games that can be done in a shorter time-frame.

-Aid each person's individual goals: We all have personal goals, maybe that's learning a particular programming language or producing a particular style of art. We feel it's important that each member in the team is pursuing these personal goals and that their work on the project is aiding them towards that.

-Build a business of game development: It's a bit of a pipe dream, but we'd like to establish a sustainable business of developing games. This means our games would be commercial products. Now given the nature of being in a small team working part time, we're definitely not going to be coming out with any triple-a quality titles, but we do hope to produce quality 'indie' games.

Who We Are:
Presently we are simply 2 young (mid 20s) individuals. There is myself (Design/Music) and another individual who is programming. Presently our largest asset is an understanding of what it takes. We realize that what we are trying to do will take lots of time and hard work. We are patient and diligent and willing to stick it through even when we are not excited or enthused about game development.

Cheers,

Brenton K.
IrishCream

Re: Looking for teammates

Postby IrishCream » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm

*shameless bump*

I will, however, include some more information on our current project. Perhaps this will provide people with some more tangible information.

First of all, this game is a side-scrolling shooter with no gravity. This is mechanically the same as a top down shooter, however the thematic elements create a different feel to the game. I want to clarify this is not an "r-type" clone game. This game will be level driven where each level is a area where the player can roam freely in.

Programming: We are programming in C++ with OpenGL. We have an operational SVN.

Art: We are fairly open when it comes to the art in the game. Since we currently have no artist we are designing/developing a game in a way that any number themes/art styles can be applied to the game, depending on the abilities/preferences of whoever ends up doing the art for this game. I did however have a few ideas of a direction they could go.

"Retro" - This game could be done as sci-fi pixel art shooter. I drew some quick concepts of what the enemies could possibly look like.

"Microbe" - I also pictured the possibility of microbe warfare. This could be conveyed with fairly simply graphics. Here's a quick number I did in GIMP.

Contact Info:
Email brenton.keegan AT gmail DOT com
IrishCream

Postby IrishCream » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 am

Hello Everyone,

I just want to say that coding positions have been currently filled.

We are still looking for artists however. Ideally we are looking for a junior and senior artist.

The senior artist should be a college grad. The particular style of art is up to the artist.

The junior artist would ideally be a college student and able to create art that is consistent with the senior artist.
IrishCream

Postby IrishCream » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 am

We're still looking for artists.

We have a few potential candidates for junior artists. However, we are still looking for a senior artist. Ideally we're looking for someone that wants to go into business with us.

The senior artist you would be in charge of the artistic direction of our games.
You would also be responsible for working with the junior artist.
IrishCream

Postby IrishCream » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Hey Guys,

Just to give you an update. We have filled the senior artist position. The senior artist is a fairly experienced pixel artist. We have yet to fill the junior artist position. We have yet to discuss the options for compatible styles but the junior artist position may only be available to pixel artists.

We may be seeking a sound engineer later in development.
iank343

Postby iank343 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 am

Do you by any chance need a writer? I am a sci-fi fantasy writer, I understand there won't be pay. However, I'm willing to do contracting work. I can send you a story sample if you like?
GraceWorks

Postby GraceWorks » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Keep us updated on your progress!
God bless,
Tim