[UNPAID]: Programmer to help finish soccer PC game

Have a project that needs help or have a opening on your team? Post it here!

Moderator: samw3

GilRuiz1

[UNPAID]: Programmer to help finish soccer PC game

Postby GilRuiz1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:59 pm

REQUEST INFORMATION:
I'm looking for a programmer to help us finish up our soccer PC game, "Breakaway Champions."

Although initially an unpaid project, the programmer would earn 1/3 of any and all future income resulting from the sale of "Breakaway Champions."

GAME INFORMATION:
Breakaway Champions is a casual PC soccer game featuring a fun and cute aesthetic. The player can select one of eleven teams, and then play the others in a tournament competition. Soccer play is pretty straightforward, with standard 11-man teams, running, scoring, passing, shields, and tackles. The gameplay is geared towards the casual audience, so it's somewhat simplified; rather than super-realistic like Electronic Arts' "FIFA Soccer," it instead leans towards the cartoony like Nintendo's "Super Mario Strikers."

WHAT WE'VE DONE SO FAR:

The game is in a pretty advanced state of development: the art is about 99% done, and programming is about 40% done.

The character work is finished, with the little soccer players already modeled, textured, rigged, and animated. GUI work is also already complete, and about 90% programmed already. The environments are already modeled and textured; only lighting remains. The music is already done. From the art side of things, the game is just about completed.

Here are a few screenshots of what we have already. Please click on the thumbnails to see a larger version.

http://kendall3d.com/screens_for_ad/team_select.jpg[/thumb] http://kendall3d.com/screens_for_ad/main.jpg[/thumb]

http://kendall3d.com/screens_for_ad/coin_toss.jpg[/thumb] http://kendall3d.com/screens_for_ad/soccer_match.jpg[/thumb]

What still remains to be done is the actual soccer gameplay programming. At one time, we had the soccer gameplay complete, but problems with the game engine forced us to switch to another game engine and rebuild the game from the ground up. Unfortunately, our previous programmer had to bow out of the project before the soccer gameplay could be re-coded in the new Unity 3D engine.

INFORMATION ON ME:

I started out in 2005 as an environment artist working on Electronic Arts' "Tiger Woods," followed by a number of other projects for a variety of studios. In 2008 I founded my own company, Editorial D, Inc, and have been working on projects like "Breakaway Champions," as well as http://www.editoriald.com, our casual games web portal.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Please feel free to post questions on this board, or get in touch with me at:

e-mail: gilruiz@editoriald.com

phone: (912) 356-1110 (USA)

It's important to remember that this is a World Cup year and soccer fever is at a pitch worldwide. This is the perfect time to release a casual soccer game and, Lord willing, we will do alright.

Thank you all so much for your help and attention.
SSquared

Re: [UNPAID]: Programmer to help finish soccer PC game

Postby SSquared » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Wow! Pretty interesting. Do you plan on using C# or another of the scripting languages? Is it possible to port the already written code as a starting point?
My quote: Have I mentioned I love C# and the iPad?
Another quote: Have I mentioned I love the iPad?
GilRuiz1

Postby GilRuiz1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:47 pm

SSquared wrote:Wow! Pretty interesting. Do you plan on using C# or another of the scripting languages? Is it possible to port the already written code as a starting point?
Unfortunately, SSquared, I don't know much about coding, so I'll ask the previous programmer to help field this question.
David Lancaster

Postby David Lancaster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey Guys,

This is the game I worked on with Gil, but couldn't bring it to completion due to my time resources lacking, I started developing it in Unity, which is now free, and I'd give you the project/code base I started there. It's a really awesome game and opportunity, wish I had the time to finalise it.

I encourage anyone with unity programming skills to pick this up, all the artwork is done, this game has some seriously amazing potential.

God bless,

David
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:52 pm

i've seen it showcased. it has these really cool "bullet time" kicks and funky playing fields... like a pirate ship.
GilRuiz1

Postby GilRuiz1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 am

I'm happy to announce that this position has been filled. Thank you all so much for all of your kind attention.