Looking for some folks to help with a free game

Have a project that needs help or have a opening on your team? Post it here!

Moderator: samw3

jari

Looking for some folks to help with a free game

Postby jari » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:46 am

Hello, I'm working on a game called "Darkening: without the truth". It's a free Christian game where you pray and fight the evil using the Word of God.

You can see some screen shots in here.

Now I'm looking for brothers and sister to help with either testing or developing the game it self.

For people interested in scripting (coding in script level):
Spoiler! :
The game it self is made in torque script but you dont need to worry about the license even you wouldnt own the engine because the scripts files are can be viewed and edited without the TGE license.

I'm working on improving the multiplayer right now and this is one area that needs testers. It would be nice if some could join me to test the multiplayer sometimes.

Other thing that needs testing is simply the game and it's quests (or dialogs, because it's quite linear) by simpy playing trough the game.

For game/quest testers:
Spoiler! :
I'm working on some new quests right now so if you are interested in this just contact me and I let you know when everything is ready for testing (and show you where to download the new quests).
What is a bonus is that if you know Bible well, because then you should also understand the dialogues better especially when scripture is quoted.

Also if some artists happens to read trough this post;
Spoiler! :
If you want to help by improving the graphics (2D that is), it would be great because while it's something I can do, it still takes a lot of time from me and the end result may not be good as would be appropriate for this game.

So for anyone interested; please post here your questions etc or contact me via this page.

Prayers are also effective for growing this game, according to His will. :D
So please pray for me and this project that God would grant me the wisdom and vision to make this game.
God bless you!
Last edited by jari on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Re: Looking for some folks to help with a free game

Postby JeTSpice » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:53 pm

I thought Darkening was 3d? What 2d stuff is needed?
jari

Postby jari » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 am

The 2D stuff is, actually, mainly for the GUI (Graphical user interface).
jari

Postby jari » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:09 am

We have moved to a new site but it's not quite ready yet, but you can get the newest alpha version of the game by following to our forums :

here

Need lot of testers and feedback.

Brother, jari

God bless you guys