website ASAP (Investors looking next week)

Have a project that needs help or have a opening on your team? Post it here!

Moderator: samw3

randyness

website ASAP (Investors looking next week)

Postby randyness » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey,

My name is Randy Blackwell. Im working on a hogh quality 3D Christian Fantasy RPG called Shepherd of Aion: The Quest for the Sword with Ralph Bagley. It is in the finished idea and concept art stage at this point but Sunday a Venture Capital Group pre-approved the idea to go before a large group of 30 Investors. The official approval will be Friday. One of those 30 investors is Walden Media (makers of Chronicles of Narnia). My current website is "ok" but I want to wow these people. I bought a godaddy account almost a year ago because I had a guy who was going to do some really cools stuff. Well the account hasnt been touched. Basicly what I need is someone who can design a whole new site for me ASAP. I have a Tolken style fantasy map that I want to highlight the different Kingdoms as you scroll over it so you can click on it and have a pop up come up with info about that Kingdom. There is more and I know this is alot to ask last minute but untill Jeff emailed me about this site and i saw the help wanted section, I really didnt have any options. Everything that is being done on this project is either volunteer or get paid when investment comes. Please contact me ASAP if you can pull this off and want to.

Thank you so much. This site is proving to be pretty awesome so far.
Randy Blackwell
lamp-light.org
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Re: website ASAP (Investors looking next week)

Postby JeTSpice » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm

You know, I like the design of that site.

Here's a couple of things:
The underlined words confuse me. My mouse hand is thinking "Are they broken links?" Maybe they could just be headers.

Maybe re-write some of the blurbs, like "Kyle Lastname is wrapping up the first draft of our new novel, The Novel. Go Kyle! Then it's off to Harrison House Publishing for a 'first look' deal. Keep us in your prayers!"

or... for the RPG book, include something about your background GMing RPG's (maybe without naming the games)

Basically, the first couple of paragraphs rock and scream "Professional!" But then it gets kindof common-place after that, using words like "would/could/should" and negatives, and losing the "we" reference and addressing as "I".

By re-writing the content, I think you'd be assuring the investors that you are professional and their investment is safe with your work ethic and professionalism.

Just my 2cents. I hope you get a great designer!
randyness

Postby randyness » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 pm

hey Jeff, thanks for the advice! I agree and will get on it tomorrow. As far as the site's look goes.... its limited. I used Microsoft Office Live which is like site designing for idiots... lol, no offense to anyone but I used it because I dont know the first thing about coding a website. Anyway, its too GUI of an interface... there isnt anywhere to even enter code if you wanted to so the whole map thing wouldnt even work on there. Thats why I bought the godady account that has been sitting stagnant forever.

Randy
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:00 am

just prayed for a web designer for you.
randyness

Postby randyness » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:05 pm

found the coder, thanks for the prayer.

Funny thing. It was my uncle. He has been programming for over 20 years and I didnt even think about him. He isnt a Christian but what a great opp to witness to him. Anyway, he got me started and I used what he showed me as a shell for the rest of the page.

Thanks, Randy
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Coolio. Good news to hear.