The Bible: Online

Business discussions are here: Marketing, distribution, proposals, public relations, etc.

Moderator: samw3

CDNAdmin
Site Admin

The Bible: Online

Postby CDNAdmin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

Kotaku Article: The Bible is now an MMO - The Bible Online is a new massively-multiplayer online game from German outfit FiAA, and will - over the course of many chapters - give players the chance to re-enact certain parts of the Bible.

In the beginning, there was...Chapter 1, The Heroes, which will be the first release of the game, and sounds a lot like Age of Empires (it looks a lot like it too), as you control Abraham and his descendants on their journey to the promised land.

There's even a "hero" system for levelling up and transferring skills, as Abraham begets new characters like Isaac and Jacob.

The Bible Online is a browser-based game, and will kick off on September 6 (though they're also taking beta testers right now).

Official website:
http://www.thebible-onlinegame.com/
HanClinto
Site Admin

Re: The Bible: Online

Postby HanClinto » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Looks neat!

Is anyone here a beta-tester for this?
""

._Image
Exodus

Postby Exodus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 am

If you live in the US, you won't be able to play it, unfortunately. I kept getting an error saying: "Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies." when I tried to sign up to play. I sent an email to the developers asking if it would be available to US players and haven't received a response.
::Tweetle-dee::
"Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good." -- Ecc. 9:18 [/size]
bugala

Postby bugala » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Hey Exodus, while you sending them message anyway, ask them for some direct email address.

For myu problem is that i cant register at all, neitehr to game or Forum, and if you are not registered, you cant send them email!
Exodus

Postby Exodus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 am

Sorry for the late reply. I had registered in the forum and someone else from the US had asked the same question. The game is only available to European players and they are still deciding on whether or not to release it to other countries.
"Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good." -- Ecc. 9:18 [/size]
Exodus

Postby Exodus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that The Bible Online is now available for players outside of Europe. I was able to log in and play. It's a pretty neat game! This would make a good Facebook game. It's one of those time-management games that most Facebook games do (build a house and wait an hour before returning to the game again, etc.)