You can see a lot more detail on the website(http://cgdc.org) but here's the bullet:
- July 7-9, 2011
- George Fox University in Newberg, OR (about 20mi south of Portland)
- Barlow Girl performing a worship set
- Speakers/Topics include...
- Lance Preibe, the creator of Club Penguin
- Kyle Garner, world designer at BioWare taling about that world building thing.
- Mark Soderwall, (of LucasArts, Atari, RockStar etc) - on building a virtual game studio
- Jeff Gerke from Marcher Lord Press discussing storytelling techniques in a non-linear medium
- David McDonald on The Theology of Monsters (Did you know there are unicorns in the Bible?)
- We have two keynote speakers taking a step back to look at the 'big picture' of the role of gaming in shaping modern culture.
- Os Hillman and the Mountain of Arts & Entertainment. Gaming is a MAJOR cultural medium and those of us in, or aspiring to work in this industry do well to see the BIG play we are a part of.
- Gary Barkalow discussing how this big picture will require that we live from our deep convictions and passions. How does a Christian live and thrive in an industry that doens't seem to want us?
- The XBus will be there to play big LAN style games.
- And to make Seth happy...there will be a bunch of QR codes
Grace and Peace