Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk)

Business discussions are here: Marketing, distribution, proposals, public relations, etc.

Moderator: samw3

randyness

Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk)

Postby randyness » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk) 14.99

Author signed copies for a limited time, Buy here:

http://soterion.com/Stories.html

"Great story, great characters, great universe! The clash of civilizations, old and new, and mix of ancient cultures and ancient hi-tech flavor is wonderful. Rise of the Magi is much more in depth and "steam punk" like than I imagined. My first impression was that the world was going to be too similar to other fantasy worlds but it is very unique. I love the parallel universe and multi-dimensional elements; they are brilliant.
The fact that I'm so passionate with my opinions about this story only proves how moving and fresh it really is. There is no question that this story and universe is movie and video game worthy.
Congrats Randy, you wrote a wonderful story!"
~Jamie Wiggs
Game Designer
(Squaresoft, Microsoft, EA Games)
Works including: Middle Earth 1 and 2, Shadows of Mordor

Now available, first chapter of rise of the Magi:
http://soterion.com/RiseOfTheMagi.pdf

Book trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUTv9p ... ature=fvsr
randyness

Re: Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk)

Postby randyness » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks Mack... Im getting alot of great reviews! If we do good on sales then this will help towards getting funding for a game!
HeardTheWord

Postby HeardTheWord » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks for sending my copy! I got it in the mail a few days ago and am looking forward to reading it. Hi Randy,

Thanks for sending my copy! I've been anxiously awaiting this book for a while. :) You've been working on this for a few years if I'm not mistaken?

The first few pages have been great so far. I'm looking forward to reading the rest over Christmas.
Matt Tuttle
Check out me games and music!

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit
Ephesians 1:13
ArchAngel

Postby ArchAngel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Congrats on getting your book out!
Q.E.D.
michaK

Postby michaK » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Congratulations!

If I was to order more than one for resale (say in the realm of 5 to 10 books) would it be possible to get them at a slightly lowered price?

I'm working (slowly) on collecting inventory for an online bookstore.
Proverbs 15:32-33 "He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding." 33."The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
randyness

Postby randyness » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 am

Mac, thanks for the recent email you sent out. It got some sales!

Matt, Im glad you got your copy. Please read it and post a review on Amazon.com. The more positive reviews I get there the more sales the novel will have in the long run. This is part of a long strategy to a AAA Christian Video Game. I couldnt gain the investment I needed to launch one. However, books get made into movies and movies get made into games. I have a few contacts in Hollywood who are already helping me:

Dan Morris- special effects artist for Lucas Films and screenplay writer. He did special effects for Avatar, Episode I II & III, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, and Avengers. He has bought a book and wants to help me turn it into a screenplay.

Trisha Petty - is an author and screenplay writer in Hollywood who specializes in character development. The major networks contract her out whenever a show is failing and they WANT to save it. She recently wrote a few episodes for Grimm. She also bought a copy of the novel and wants to help with the character development side of the screenplay. http://www.antebellumproductions.info/

Judi Blatchley - talent recruiter for films in the Carolinas (where I live). She has a direct line to Tyler Perry (I plan to submit the screenplay to him when its done).

Ralph Winter - he is a soft contact and more of an acquaintance but he is a HUGE name in Hollywood. Ralph was the producer for the XMEN/Wolverine movies, Star Trek movies, and Left Behind. Ive spoken to Ralph on the phone once and on facebook several times for advice over the years. I plan to submit the screenplay to him too.

There are several actors that I have contacted and I am waiting to hear from. I’m not going to list them all but there are a dozen or so of them and they have all played in major productions and are proclaiming Christians. I am hoping to get at least one on the project for publicity sake.
Right now, though, my major focus is on selling books. I’m in a bit of hot water with my publisher. I still need to sell 78 copies to get right with them. Your publisher is a VERY bad person to have mad at you and they can make or break your book so I’m franticly trying to sell those last 78 copies.

michaK, I can do that at a later date but right now I cant. My contract states that my publisher will send me 400 copies of my book (they did) and after 30 days I will pay them for those 400 copies at a 33% discount plus the shipping it took to get them to me (Dec 7th was 30 days). All together that’s $4,210. My plan was to sell 280 copies, forgo my 33%, and pay them back. Then I could breathe a little with the remaining 120 which would be pure profit to me (was going to use it to buy more books because after this I can buy them at 50%). So once I get all 400 sold and I can get the 50% discount I will talk to you about selling to you in bulk at a discount rate.
I cant stress how important it is to buy a copy of this book and tell everyone you know about it. My dream has always been to change the face of Christian Video Games and to make high quality games that compete with even those in the secular market. This series is the first step in a long strategy and if I can get it to be a best seller or even a movie it will be far easier for me to make a game with the quality I need. 3 years ago I could have made a game, easy. But it would not have been the quality that I am looking to make. That’s not an option. It will be high quality, solid gameplay, and intriguing plot or nothing at all. So if you can find it in your heart or in your wallet to get the book please do so.

Thanks, Randy

ArchAngel Post subject: Re: Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk) Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

michaK Post subject: Re: Novel: Rise of the Magi (Christian/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Steampunk) Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm

If I was to order more than one for resale (say in the realm of 5 to 10 books) would it be possible to get them at a slightly lowered price?

I'm working (slowly) on collecting inventory for an online bookstore.

Proverbs 15:32-33 "He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding." 33."The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
michaK

Postby michaK » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Okay. :) Just thought I'd ask. I've ordered a book for myself and look forward to reading it.

I hope you get the backing you need for a game or movie. It sounds like it would be incredible.
Brandon

Postby Brandon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 am

Looks fantastic! Great work!
randyness

Postby randyness » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks guys for the support and help. 39 more to sell!!! If you havent taken a look scroll above and check out the first chapter and buy one!

Randy
andygeers

Postby andygeers » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:24 am

Whoop whoop! My copy arrived in the post today - how exciting.

Congrats on getting this far, randyness - it's a huge achievement. I look forward to reading it!
thejambi

Postby thejambi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 am

Congratulations! Is it possible to buy an epub file of the book from you? I may be interested in that if so.

thejambi@gmail.com

-Zach
michaK

Postby michaK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I have received and read my book. :D Thank you very much, I greatly enjoyed it.

I also wrote a review on amazon as requested.

Will there be a sequel soon?

Return to “The Biz: Conference, Marketing, Distribution, PR Discussion”