Christian 'jobs' board?

Business discussions are here: Marketing, distribution, proposals, public relations, etc.

Moderator: samw3

andygeers

Christian 'jobs' board?

Postby andygeers » Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 am

Hey folks,

Each week I tend to get at least one email in my inbox from somebody who has found my website, asking for help from a Christian developer to help with some kind of project. I'm not in a position to help any of these people myself, but it seems to me that it would be good for me to start publishing some of these on my site in case other people are interested.
Thing is, I'm a little stuck on how to manage the communication aspect - people advertising are unlikely to want their email address publicly on the site, but at the same time, I don't want to have to forward hundreds of potentially spammy responses to the advertiser either. Does anybody have any good ideas for how to manage this, and ideally set something up without too much overhead?
bugala

Re: Christian 'jobs' board?

Postby bugala » Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 am

You could perhaps start by copy pasting emails you receive to this forum onseeking for help section. Of course, cutting the parts that are not good to put here, like their emails (which you shouldnt post without their permission).

if someone in here is then interested, he could contact you and you would forward hes email to the original contactee.

That way I doubt there would be that much for you to handle, as most would probably go wihtout any replies and the few that would get replies, would perhaps get only one.
brandav

Re: Christian 'jobs' board?

Postby brandav » Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 pm

Many of these people may not have even heard of CDN. Just point them to this forum. There are many people here that they can relate to, talk to, and get help and feedback on their projects. This would be easier than trying to solve their individual problems.

Definitely get their permission first if you're going to post emails. But all you really need to do is point them in the right direction by telling them where they can get some information, and let them do the work.

You might be able to limit these emails if you mention the situation on your site and post a link to CDN.