SpeedArt Story Challenge #2!

Code a game, draw some art, design a gameplay mechanic based on a theme in 2 hours!

Moderator: samw3

mikale

SpeedArt Story Challenge #2!

Postby mikale » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Join in and earn CDN DevPoints.

Create a piece of art using a character(s) from: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.

One rule: you cannot draw the same character someone else has drawn. The goal is to be diverse and creative :)

Use any medium you choose. The goal is to complete the challenge in 2 hours. Entries must be submitted by September 2nd. Good luck!

For more information about the Speed Art Challenges, click here.
Last edited by mikale on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lava

Re: SpeedArt Story Challenge #2!

Postby Lava » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 pm

mightybotme wrote:Entries must be submitted by August 18th. Good luck!
Next year? Image

EDIT: I got dibs on either Jedi Master eri'wu'dantshu' jhi'waba or Droid TI-312456-A-45
mikale

Postby mikale » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 am

Ha, whoops. Fixed the date now :D

And :o I was going to draw both of those engaged in an epic battle!
launcher

Postby launcher » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

:P did this a while back... like a week or 2 ago? maybe 3?

sorta like an imperial walker
launcher

Postby launcher » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm

:P im the only one to do an entry...
Treecleaver

Postby Treecleaver » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 pm

I would have, but I've never watched the Clone Wars.
launcher

Postby launcher » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

really? :P never seen star wars episode 2 or 3?
Treecleaver

Postby Treecleaver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:37 am

I've seen episode II, but never episode III or the animated series.
launcher

Postby launcher » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 am

:P definatly worth watching though.
b-o

Postby b-o » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm still boycotting the clone wars.. Star Wars was ruined.
ArchAngel

Postby ArchAngel » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

b-o wrote:I'm still boycotting the clone wars.. Star Wars was ruined.
From what little clips I've seen in passing, I have zero interest in the new Clone Wars tv show. Which is also why I'm not submitting anything for this speedart; there's just nothing to be inspired by for me.

The old Samurai-Jack Clone Wars was actually pretty sweet.
Q.E.D.
launcher

Postby launcher » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:13 pm

i've seen a healthy amount of the show and the movies. like any tv series it has bad episodes or ones you wont find intresting.

one thing this tv show does i've noticed is expand the universe. to maintain creative control to prevent unsanctioned worlds and races and books, to maintain creative control over the star wars brand.

they fill in worlds, races, ship classes, make the jedi order to there liking. by doing this im sure used information in there new mmo, to cement the show into the starwars galaxy. by doing this they add in dozens of new worlds. for example they added 2 worlds that pretty much hate eachother, the world was jango/boba fetts home world, which was the person they based the clone troopers off.

while it may seem dumb to many people i believe they have some method behind this. each world they create adds another piece to the puzzle. the bigger the puzzle the more pieces they can play with.

The star wars movies had missing pieces to it, primarily the world was a desolate hiding place. add up all the planets that where empty or had isolationists, scarcely populated or primitives, tatooine, endore, hoth, kashyyyk, mustafar, bespin (cloud city), degobah, Kamino, and the asteroid luke and liah where born.

have corusant, yavin 4, naboo and aldaran. 1 of which was blown up and nearly got the other. i think they where aiming for more populated planets and more videogame and content to make future movies if they choose.

Also to get kids addicted to star wars also, there are more than a few reasons for the cartoon.
ArchAngel

Postby ArchAngel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:44 am

If you want to talk about expanded universe, I was reading the Star Wars books back when I was yea high.
But, you know, I've long since forgotten what's in them.
Q.E.D.
launcher

Postby launcher » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 am

i know one was about after episode 6, how the imperials left the battle, went to there home systems and ruled over them without a centralized leadership, and with rebel losses during the battle where unable to free the galaxy, and that an imperial admerial tried making mini death stars. and they tried cloning an emperor.

Which is garbage the clone troopers had built in loyalty mind conditioning/manipulation, they would have sought out a leader, they where not given much freedom. The senate was dissolved in episode 4, they could not return to serving a organization that doesnt exsist. Ironically they would have likely appointed princess Liah there leader, she was a former senator and daughter of vader. since luke had no political training and was a jedi, and the troopers under orders to kill any they find, lukes an unacceptable canidate, while liah generally treats people poorly, and common for siths trying to kill eachother, she raised an army and managed to do pretty well, her army nearly killed luke, vader and the empire, she would get credit for blowing up the superstar destroyer, and death star, and taking on and defeating an elite imperial legion on endore. The leader always gets the credit, even when they do nothing.