SpeedArt Challenge 14: Westernized

Code a game, draw some art, design a gameplay mechanic based on a theme in 2 hours!

Moderator: samw3

CDNAdmin
Site Admin

SpeedArt Challenge 14: Westernized

Postby CDNAdmin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Create art based on putting yourself or someone else and setting them in the Old West.

Limitations:

COMPLETE IN 2 HOURS

Entries must be submitted by APRIL 7TH.

Good luck!

For more information about the Speed Art Challenges, click here.
launcher

Re: SpeedArt Challenge 14: Westernized

Postby launcher » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 am

took 30 minutes on blender :P
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

I see how you did that. :) Sneaky. How do you keep that from causing major rendering issues? Unless I'm wrong about how you did it.
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
launcher

Postby launcher » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:04 pm

was simple i made 1 building, rotated it. but then copied it and moved it only on 1 axis, the building looks different on all 4 sides, so by spinning it gives the appearance of different buildings.

then ontop of that i merged some half way. technically some of the other building is in eachother on some. if you look at the posts you can tell more. i unequally placed them so that differences are less noticeable.

obviously used only 4 colors which made it look far better...

for the most part only move things on 1 axis and it wont have severe issues :P and the program takes care of it. as if its the same plane (the roof segments) just with more breaks in it. if you look closely you can see lines in the roof pattern where it rendered the skin on the object individually and not for the hole building, just piece by piece.

obviously would make for a fun western FPS with balconys and windows all over. streets below, balconys to hide under, the town broken up pretty well.