Coming back out of hiding!

New to the forums? Drop by and say hi! Also covers topics not discussed elsewhere.
Kukanani

Coming back out of hiding!

Postby Kukanani » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:35 am

Hi everyone,

After reverting into my "lurker" default status on this forum for at least a few months, I am now coming back in a conscious effort to improve my game design skills. I hope to join some of the great discussions that are always going on here!
"Blessed is the one whose way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord"
Psalm 119:1
PFC

Re: Coming back out of hiding!

Postby PFC » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm

I have also decided to come out of hiding....

I suppose it's time to become productive in my programming ^-^
samw3
Site Admin

Postby samw3 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Awesome! Welcome back guys :)
christo

Postby christo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I am kinda coming out of hiding my self. I haven't been working on my game engine as much lately and I started up again yesterday.Hence the lack of updates. First update isn't quite the report I was hoping for but here it is:
the bad news:
I currently have a major bug causing the engine to lock up at some point in the item shop(or dialog system).
the good news:
Now my engine is a single dll vs the 3 dlls it was when it was done in XNA and 2 dlls since the WPF conversion until yesterdays update.

Once I fix the bad news I hope I will be ready to move to beta testing again.

Edit: fixed the issue as far as it effects my demos.still have to deal with it in some cases that I know about that aren't covered by my demos. Basically dialogs were being updated much more than necessary. I also improved starting times significantly by making my engine derive from DrawingVisual instead of FrameworkElement.