Boardgames on the iPad

New to the forums? Drop by and say hi! Also covers topics not discussed elsewhere.
SSquared

Boardgames on the iPad

Postby SSquared » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm only just starting to get into it, but there are several boardgames available on the iPad. I think I mentioned I got "Ticket To Ride" awhile ago. I just picked up "Neuroshima Hex" the other day. These games are extremely enjoyable and are great ports.

TTR has online play, but Neuroshima Hex is only pass and play. :-( These are full of strategy. Maybe some of you have even played their actual board counterparts.

What boardgames are you playing on the iPad? Any recommendations? Anyone want to play multiplayer on "Ticket to Ride"?
My quote: Have I mentioned I love C# and the iPad?
Another quote: Have I mentioned I love the iPad?
SSquared

Re: Boardgames on the iPad

Postby SSquared » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Sweeeeto!

Big Daddy Creations just announced their 2011/2012 roadmap. I don't know the boardgames they reference, but they sound cool. I'm keeping my eyes on these.

And asynch multiplayer for Neuroshima Hex coming in December.
SSquared

Re: Boardgames on the iPad

Postby SSquared » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 pm

BoardGameGeek recently had a post on iOS boardgames. VERY good post: http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/6535/ ... gift-guide" target="_blank

I recently added to my boardgame collection on the iPad. It has become a genre I am very interested in. My recent additions are all on-line multiplayer if anyone is interested in playing (through GameCenter). I have yet to spend too much time with them.

Carcassonne (didn't get expansions yet)
Reiner Knizia's Through the Desert
Reiner Knizia's Tigris and Euphrates (still reading the rules)

The online addition to Neuroshima Hex is still not available and now is set for February. In the recent sales, I finally purchased the two downloadable armies. Neuroshima Hex is 99 cents (USD) until January 1st and army downloads are both 99 cents as well.

Also, I still highly recommend Ticket To Ride. It has since been released for the iPhone/Touch and is a very inexpensive 99 cents. All iOS devices can play together, so if anyone is interested, let me know. The limitation with the iPhone is it is one map only (basic USA), and does not contain any of the downloadable content/maps.