What are you listening to, watching, reading or playing?

New to the forums? Drop by and say hi! Also covers topics not discussed elsewhere.
CDNAdmin
Site Admin

What are you listening to, watching, reading or playing?

Postby CDNAdmin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am

Post what you're watching / listening to / reading / game playing right at this moment!
AllyOmega

Re: What are you listening to, watching, reading or playing?

Postby AllyOmega » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Watching Arrested Development on Netflix, listening to Hey Ocean's album "IS", and Bioshock 2 is downloading on my PS3 as I type.

As for reading, well, let's just say finals have me tied up in that regard. Lots of textbooks.
Treverend

Postby Treverend » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Waiting for the Black Ops 2 update to finish up! XD Taking forever since my internet is so slow.
My favorite Bible verse:
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
ArchAngel

Postby ArchAngel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Q.E.D.
b-o

Postby b-o » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Someone pointed this out to me because they thought the lyrics were funny:

Lyrics:

There was a time
I looked up to you
I heard you testify
You encouraged me

You did not know me
But I knew of you
Hearing your words
Of praise and worship

But you turned away
From the faith
When dancing on glass
Became more important
You turned your back
On the father
After all you've learned
After all you've seen

Apostate
Return to
The Christ that died for you

Once were
You mighty
In the faith that saves you

You walked
Away from
The God that loves you

Please rethink
Your position
And come back

Come let us reason together
And look at the facts
Christianity
Is based in evidence

Norman Geisler
Josh McDowell
William Lane Craig
Hank Hanegraaff

These men have dedicated
Their lives to show us
That the evidence shows
The Bible to be true

To hear
You say those words
"I don't believe"
Cuts me
Like a knife
Can't you feel
The tears of God?
You turn your back
On your faith
To live worldly

Read the works of the giants
The apologists through time
Test the Scriptures for the facts
See for yourself the truth

The truth that lies
Inside those pages
Of Holy Scripture
Apostate return
mikale

Postby mikale » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Listening to: Owl City, Unicorn Kid, and Wolves at the Gate

Reading: The Bible

Playing: Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC
Ph0N37Ic5

Postby Ph0N37Ic5 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:48 am

Listening to: Fan noise.
Watching: Computer monitors.
Reading: A fantastic forum for Christian developers.
Playing: No significant part.
Kristian Setiwadja

Postby Kristian Setiwadja » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 am

Listening to: Rondo Russo, the second album of flutist Berdien Stenberg (1983)
Watching: I currently have no TV
Reading: Muslim And A Christian In Dialogue: - No trying to
prove who's right. An informative dialogue between friends, Kateregga, Badru & Shenk, David
mikale

Postby mikale » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am

Been listening to a lot of electronic/dance music lately. There's an exciting feel about it that I love. Plus it gets me super motivated.

A few of my favorites are Klaypex, Skrillex, KDrew, Zedd, Seven Lions, Unicorn Kid, Owl City, Swimming with Dolpins, Basshunter, Paul van Dyk, Knife Party, Capital Kings, The Jellyrox, and others haha.
bugala

Postby bugala » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 pm

@Mightybotme

You might like to try this one: http://www.nsoul.com/radio/index.php#

Click on that "Listen to the Streaming Radio Station!"

They been having the same mix in there for about 5 years now, but its a nice christian techno mix anyway if you havent heard it before.
b-o

Postby b-o » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Checking out this app:

https://www.2ndvote.com/

Xgamer94

Postby Xgamer94 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:42 am

Hi! I've been listening to Thy Majesty: Echoes of War, they are well known for their Music about God and Yeshua, they even made their own version of the Music "In God we Trust" from the Striper band.

When I listen to this music it reminds me of the Wars Israel had to fight in the Old Testament times especially the one recorded in the book of Samuel, when Israel shouted so loud they made the earth shake (This was God's power trough their faith and courage), its an amazing song, and don't worry I am against war, but we can't forget the courage of Israel and the Leadership of our Wonderful Heavenly Father during those dangerous times when pagans desired the destruction of God's people.

I sometimes listen to this one here, one of my personal favourites, More then a Man, a music from Striper.

Sometimes it makes me cry when I listen to this music and remember all the suffering Yeshua had to go trough just to save the entire world.

About watching, well I watch some healthy game reviews, some old school (80's and 90's) Anime and the news, with the atheists controlling most of the internet videos and TV media, I don't watch a lot of things to be honest, the number of foul words and disgusting jokes about God and Yeshua, and the dark humour are the reason why I don't watch shows like the AVGN or the famous Game Grumps.
I do see a lot from CGR AKA Classic Game Room, its one of the most healthy shows on youtube, sometimes they shout a foul word but its rare and they never made any anti God joke or reference so...check them out if you wish.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/show/classicgameroom[/YouTube]

In terms of Bible study content, I watch Lamb and Lion Ministries and PPsimmons, but PPsimmons have been descending into an obsession with Obama, Gay rights,making movies and books, don't get me wrong I enjoy Christianity related media and I am against homosexuality and how Obama has been ruling the world (Because lets be honest he spies on every country, almost caused a third world war, destroys America's economy and health while Europe and the others just bow down before him and call him a new "Messiah" of politics, in Kenya there's Obama now day, so...) but PPsimmons forgot about making videos helping people to know God and the Scriptures, some years ago they helped me a lot with their videos about how evolution was an hoax and how to understand some parts of the Sacred Scriptures, anyways this topic will have to be discussed in another page I guess.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/user/ppsimmons[/YouTube]

And games, well I play all sorts of stuff, I've been playing Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 and Super Mario 64 lately :lol: I am a retro gamer so coming back to a simple time is what I do the most, everyday I play an old school game because...well I dunno, I think those older games had a charm that is gone nowadays, maybe I am wrong who knows ;) well.
This is what I have been doing I hope you enjoy some of the things I mentioned.

Edit: I finally found a nice place to watch some videos, GodTube, never heard of it until I came in contact with this Forum ^^ thank you.
mikale

Postby mikale » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Reading Redwall.
jzak

Postby jzak » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 am

I'm listening to "The World and Everything in It" podcast and our very own Andy Geers is being interviewed in it for his app Prayer Mate.

Good stuff sir!
BlckHdGrl

Postby BlckHdGrl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:22 am

I don't get to watch much "mummy tv" these days as the wee one keeps us on YT watching his favourite minecrafters/gamers - not that I mind it too much :)

Although I've had a reprieve from it this week tho as littleman has been away visiting his grandma with TheDaddyMan all week, so I've been catching up on some mummy time - yay d :) b

I managed to squeeze in a few good watches this week, Django Unchained (Tarantino), Jobs (Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs, quite good actually), Inception (Christopher Nolan directs, stars Leo DiCaprio), Video Games: The Movie (Jeremy Snead directs) - not bad at all.

I also watched Heaven Is for Real (director Harold Cronk, stars Greg Kinear) - which was a sweet little submission from our camp. Decent acting made up for weak script but that fact that it's a true story makes up for alot in my book. The wee boy who plays Colton, Connor Corum is brilliant.

I have yet to watch the God is Not Dead movie but am swallowing hard before doing so after watching the trailers and reading Amazon/imdb top reviews, I'm concerned that I'm likely to agree with them http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gods-Kevin-Sorbo-Willie-Robertson/dp/B00M97DWZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414342291&sr=8-1&keywords=god+is+not+dead http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2528814 :/

I've been doing alot of internet trawling of late, getting to know some people and familiarising myself with the latest #tags and trending memes :) lol.

I fell asleep the other night whilst watching an episode of Angry Video Game Nerd on YT. I'd left it on stream, and it continued to stream into my dreams! Not advisable! :) Apart from his cussy bad mouthing tho - I find his reviews useful and entertaining. Disclaimer: not recommended for under 18s! :)

I've recently read Visions from Heaven by Wendy Alec, the God Channel, and will freely admit that I was in tears for no less than two hours straight (I guess I needed that one) and so naturally I highly recommend it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Visions-Heaven-Visitations-Fathers-Chamber/dp/0957149883/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1414342653&sr=1-1&keywords=visions+from+heaven

As for music, I prefer making music/worship to listening to it so I've not listened to so much lately. Hubby's the same and he's a musician!

xx
Last edited by BlckHdGrl on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikale

Postby mikale » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Still reading Redwall.. lol
BlckHdGrl

Postby BlckHdGrl » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Having a wee sci-fi stint at the moment re-watching the Firefly series and reading Daniel L. Newcombs Matakeo, on the second book now and I'm really enjoying a well structured story line - nice one d :) b. I will say that the first chapter posed a bit of a hurdle but thankfully I guessed quickly enough that the initial lead character had some mental incapacity and not the author!

Also just purchased the first book in the Redwall series to read with my eight year old (thanks mikale :).) I can't believe I missed this one! Beautifully written, the characters are engaging - my son is already enamored. I'm so glad there are as many books in the series - there are too few well written adventure stories out there that I'm willing to introduce him to due to the usual issues of magical/dark content and he loves to read, so these really are a G-d send, it's such a relief :)

Gamewise, I play mostly to suit my son who is eagerly awaiting our purchase of Plants vs Zombies on the X-Box for Christmas/Hanukkah. I guess this'll be the focus of our activities together for a while - should be fun :). We play Minecraft on PC almost exclusively which I enjoy well enough but have to admit I'll be glad to get a new game on the go!

x