Welcome to CDN! Rules and Guidelines inside (Read!)

New to the forums? Drop by and say hi! Also covers topics not discussed elsewhere.
CDNAdmin
Site Admin

Welcome to CDN! Rules and Guidelines inside (Read!)

Postby CDNAdmin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Welcome to the Christian Developers Network (CDN)!

Information:
Welcome to CDN! The place for developers, programmers, artists, music and sound creators of all parts of the industry can hang out, help and relate to one another. Before posting please read our Rules of Conduct for CDN, once you start posting these rules will apply to your posting so make sure you know what you’re posting is respectful to them.

Admins
The following Administrator help keep CDN running like a well oiled machine. If you have any questions, problems or just want to talk please drop us a Private Message.

CDN Admins:

HanClinto

Mack

samw3

Please respect us and our decisions as we often have to make difficult ones to keep this site up and functioning properly.

Rules of Conduct on CDN

You agree not to do any of the following while on our message boards:

Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior. There are widely differing opinions on this board -- when people disagree with you (or you with them), you must be civil in how you reply. Even if not everyone is Christian on this board, we expect everyone to at least try to behave like one.

Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.

Abuse: Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.

Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a CDN official, message board moderator, employee, contractor, affiliate.

Malicious file posting: Do not post or transmit any content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous content.

Misuse: Use the CDN Message Boards features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting [use of all caps] or flooding [continuous posting of repetitive text or topics]).

Miscommunication: Use the CDN Message Boards as your personal site, this site is founded on the benefit of discussion in the community.

Junk mail: Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.

Laws: Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.

Copyrighted works: Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.

CDN retains the rights to exclusively determine what violates any of the above rules. Also, CDN retains the rights to exclusively decide who may access the forums.

Breaking any of the above Rules of Conduct will make your message board account subject to immediate banning, or your message deleted, edited or moved. Further the forum moderators may contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) due to the severity of your posts.

Remember that you are a guest, act like one.

Reporting Posts
If you see a problem on the forum please report it to the Admins by clicking on the Report This Post button Image located at the bottom right corner of every post.

General Posting Guidelines
Have some respect for the forum and it’s users. Use these posting guidelines when creating your messages:

Properly post
Add some body to your topics or at least give a suitable, descriptive title.

Example of bad thread starter: "Here's a link to my game!"

Example of mediocre thread starter: "Here is my game! I've worked on it for blah blah blah, here are screenshots, here's a link!"

Example of better thread starter: "Here is my game! I've worked on it for blah blah blah, here are screenshots, here's a link! I've been struggling with my pathfinding, and I feel like the game balance for the middle levels isn't right. How does it feel to you?"

Linking
If you have links that you want to post, try to give a synopsis of what you found interesting, and ask discussion questions that you want to hear addressed.

Titling
Ensure that your titles are clear and to the subject. Mistitled topics may be renamed or deleted. Do not add: "Please Read!" "Must Read!" "Read This!" or any derivative to the title.

Soapboxing
Discussion on CDN is a give-and-take. If you want to soapbox, get your own blog. If you want to ask questions and get responses, post topics here.

Proofreading
Proofread your posts. If you hope 50 other people read your thoughts, then you will save them all time and frustration if you give it a quick once-over and try to at least make sure that it's a well-structured post. It's a sign of respect for other people, and it is expected.

Quoting
Don't quote more than you write yourself. If someone makes a long rant, do not just quote the whole thing and add a small "Right on!" to the bottom. The original post is right there above for us all to read, you don't need to flood the board by repeating it. The same goes for quoting images (particularly large ones).

Generalization
Don't make sweeping, uninformed generalizations about people, topics, etc. and post it as viable information. Back up your claims with links that others can go to and read up on. This especially applies to topics on: history, science, etc. but does not apply to disagreements of interpretation (what a particular scripture verse means or matters of morals). Constant disregard for this rule will be considered Trolling, which is a bannable offense.

By registering an account and posting on CDN you agree to all the rules and guidelines as stated above.
Last edited by HanClinto on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.