If i correctly understood, Voting is now closed and my suggestion (Turn based tower defence game with RPG elements) became chosen.
As my first timetable aim is to get this game release at CGDC, I will try to get things started fast. Since even if we get things started fast, it might still be too little time (3 months) to get this done, but lets at least aim for it anyway.
What I would first like to know is if there are people interested in what things.
At least following positions come to my mind as something that people could do, as long as there are people:
(I will explain director position at bottom)
- In-game graphics (characters, backround graphics, buildings, special fx, user interface)
- story animations (similarly backgrounds, characters...)
- Titlescreen type of things.
And in addition to these:
- Graphics director, and if there are more than one who wants to try graphics directing, then this can be divided into more, for example into IN-game graphics director and Animation graphics director. We figure more subdividing if there are people wanting.
- Story writing
- Writing some scene (as example, inbetween level animation)
- Writing some lines (for example just the talks between some characters)
- Storyboard version of some animation (graphical presentation of how animation should go, this is halfway from graphics and writing)
- FX Director
- Voice Acting
- Voice Acting Director
- Music Director
- Level design
- Play testing
What does director of something mean and do?
I will give couple of examples what director might do.
Graphics director receives one of the enemies pictures that artist x sent him. He looks at it and decides it would be perfect as one of the level 1 enemies, except there are couple of changes needed. So he tells artis x that he needs that enemy to not look so tough. Change the sword to knife, change hes colors into brighter ones instead of the current dark ones, put some smile on his face and reduce his size by 10 percent.
Sound director might decide that he wants explosion to sound longer and more massive.
Music director might decide that the guitar in current trach doesnt quite fitr on level, and asks to replace it with violin instead. In addition to that, he likes the background drum, but wants it to come out louder, as now you can barely see it.
Voice acting director might point out that hes vision is that the replic should be said more angry, with faster pace and by keeping little stop between two "and" words.
These kinds of things would be what directors would do. They dont themselves necessary do any graphics, sound, music or voice acting.
You could somewhat think them as critics who have power to change things the way they would want them to be.
My vision is that as many people as possible could try any positions they want, as far as its realistic.
Ideas i suppose everyone will be throwing along the way. But for the rest of the stuff, start thinking already if you would like to particiapte at some point in this project to one of the positions. I am especialy hoping some directors to come to this, as this is finally a chance for those who for one reason or other dont necessarily want to do so much themselves, than rather guide the end result. So this is finally a chance for these kind of people to get some experience on it.
I am going to write two other topics right away about this too.