Community Game: Current Build

Lend your skills and get involved in a CDN community game!

Moderator: samw3

bugala

Re: Community Game: Current Build

Postby bugala » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 pm

New build

Updated Attackwave system.

Now it is possible to put group to each unit which is for attackwaves purposes.

Before this version, attackwaves simply went from turn to turn so that turn 1 happens this, turn 2 happens that and turn 3...

This system is still the basis of the attacwaves, but in addition you can now make attackwaves that are named, for example attackwave named "testwave". Then you can choose that either this attackwave is started at some certain time, like on turn 10, or based upon condition of some group not existing anymore.

This creates a possibility that at beginning of level there comes 1 unit attacking. When you kill this unit, there comes two more, and each time you kill one there are coming more and more units against you.

It also in such way that you can choose the condition to be that multiple groups have all been killed. For example "wavegroup1" and "wavegroup2" must both be dead before "finalwave" comes.

This new system also works in such way, that several waves can be attacking at same time. That if "group1" is activated by killing "swordman1group" and "group2" is activared by killing "swordman2group", then if these happen the same turn, both are going to be started on same turn, and if these both have future happenings, like 5 turns later from its start there comes more people, then these events can happen at same time too.

I think attackwaves basis are all there now, and rest to will only be details. Like if there is need, then I can add system like after 16 from "group1" have been killed, then will "group2" attack.

In this current build first swordman appearing belongs to "testgroup" second one appearing belongs to "testgroup2" and "testwave" (which consists of 2 swordman attacking immediatelly, and 1 swordman attacking the next turn from start) wont get started until both these groups (although they both consist og only 1 swordman) "testgroup" and "testgroup2" have first been slain.
bugala

Postby bugala » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Another update:

So far enemies have only come from the left edge row of tiles. Now there is new system in place.

Now you can design in tiled where enemies can appear at, the layer number 4 will be used to mark areas where enemies can appear at. You can use differently numbered tiles to make several areas.

Current builds only level has 4 different areas there. First one starting from top left edge and being about 2x4 (width, height) then there is area 2, which consists of the button left side in similar manner 2x3 (widht, height), then are 3 which has couple of spots here and there but mainly on right edge bottom row. and area 4 is simply one tile, the lone bush looking tile there on right edge downside from center near town walls.

In addition to being able to choose from which area number enemy comes, you can choose multiple areas where they can come.

For example first swordman that appears in current build comes to either one of area 3 or area 4 tiles (area 4 consists only 1 tile).

I believe this will be sufficient freedom for designing where enemies appear at. If there comes need for more complex system, I will make it then, otherwise this is it.

I will still however add what happens if all the tiles are occupied.
bugala

Postby bugala » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 pm

New build, a minor update:

Now you cant add new units anywhere you like anymore, but now placing of new units is based upon tiled layer with each tile as 1 (can) and 0 (no can do) options.

When you click that "new unit" button (the right one from the two flat grey rectangles on right bottom of screen), it will also highlight all the places where it is possible for you place a new unit.

I didnt code any natural way for the highlights to go away, so only way to get rid of them, is by moving your mouse over them. I will code some better way for the higlights to go off after we have real graphics in place, at this point it wo0uld be only extra trouble for something that might not be that way there anyway in the end.

Return to “Community Game”