Community Game: Current State

Lend your skills and get involved in a CDN community game!

Moderator: samw3

bugala

Community Game: Current State

Postby bugala » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 am

I thought it might be good to give bit of a status pdate on Community game as you might have noticed there havent been much progress there lately.

First of all. I will take a complete break from Community Game for the duration of Speedgame. After Speedgame, I will continue with Community Game again.

Lately I have done only quite little programming for Community Game. This is mostly because for most part I have already reached a point where it doesnt make much sense to program forward before we for example have better idea what the graphics will look like.

What the graphics will look like is mainly stuck since we dont have the story done yet. And this due to my understanding none having read the John Bunyans - Holy War - book yet, upon which this game is based upon.

I have been reading that book, but im a bit slow reader and hence have only got about 40 percent of it read yet.

Anyway, after I get that book read, which I think will still take at least a month (could be much mre even) from me, then things will speed up as we can finally figure out what kind of units, graphics etc. are needed for the game. Right now programming it forward would likely result in things being rewrote afterwards and hence doesnt make much sense ad therefore I also havent really hurried in programming the last sensible things to code.
bugala

Re: Community Game: Current State

Postby bugala » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 am

Just a small update. I currently have about 55 pages left to read. I believe i will finish that inside a month after which i start looking through all the underlinings and type them here. Things like characters and their descriptions, give short version of the plot etc.

So far there have been battles only on first 60 pages of book, middle havent had any battles, now it seems there might come some battle at ender part of book, but if there dont come one, then I think most ntural way to get more levels is to stretch the available battles into several smaller battles.
bugala

Postby bugala » Tue May 20, 2014 4:09 am

Update:

I just came back from China. That is why i have been quiet in the forum last few weeks. Dont want to announce publically that I am going to be away from home for long time.

During trip to China, I finally got Holy War read. When I have first got settled home again properly, I will start writing about the contents of the book and then it is time to make decision about the story, of how we are going to go with it, and after that we hopefully finally get into action.
brandav

Postby brandav » Fri May 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Sounds great bugala. Let me know when you start working on story development. We could do an irc chat and invite anyone who wants to help.

Return to “Community Game”