FACEBOOK <JOIN US>

Recieve help using these forums.

Moderator: samw3

randyness

FACEBOOK <JOIN US>

Postby randyness » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey guys,

I appreciate your input in the past. We have a facebook group called "Support for Lamplight Media LLC". This group is the beginning of the implementation the"viral" marketing strategy (Ralph Bagley and I have worked on). We need to get the word out and also show investors the amount of potential interest in this game. We have had 25 people join in the past week and it looks like there will be many more.

On the 18th of November we are coming out with a BETA testable version of the "Shepherd of Aion" RPG Book (dice based game). Myself and my VP are going to be testing the new rules and stories at churches near us and we will also be looking for people interested in helping this effort (after signing an NDA of course). The BETA test is to test the dice rules and mechanics (not a D20 system). Once the rules have passed the test we will collect the remaining needed art from our team of artists. Steve Mitchell will then edit and graphicly design the book so that we can send it to a publisher who has already shown interest.

The RPG Book is going to generate the revenue that we need to pay Gabriel Doty (3D Animator) and his brothers (programmers) to make a video demo and playable demo for us.

We are also now negotiating with several investors who have said that they will invest several million dollars if we jump through certain hoops first. I am not one to count his chickens before they are hatched but either way this is a very good sign.

God is going to use the support of the Christian community to make this thing a success. We would love for some support from the members of this site too. Once we get this game on XBOX360, we will have paved the way for more Christian games.

Randy Blackwell
CEO Lamplight Media LLC
shepherdofaion.com
CPUFreak91

Re: FACEBOOK <JOIN US>

Postby CPUFreak91 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Could you post the link to the facebook group? Ever since the "new" facebook launched, I've had trouble finding groups. Using the "Pirate English" language option doesn't help either :P.

That's an interesting idea you guys have there. Making a book, a video and a game in the same universe sounds like a good business plan. Something I would love to do someday :D. Are there any links we could go to to learn more about this venture of yours?
59 6f 75 20 72 65 61 64 20 6d 79 20 73 69 67 6e 61 74 75 72 65 2e 20 47 6f 6f 64 20 66 6f 72 20 79 6f 75 21
RobinH

Postby RobinH » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Sounds neat! Facebook tells me that "Search is currently unavailable" so I'll have to remember to try later. Or if someone does find a link, please post it here.

Is Gabriel Doty on this forum? I found this game by him: http://www.arcadestreet.com/smart-stick ... vasion.htm
randyness

Postby randyness » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Here is a link to the facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1228874584

as far as links with info shepherdofaion.com is going to give you everything that we are currently making public. Once the RPG Book is out we are going to post extra info about Aion and even plots that Narrators can sign in and download to run for their players.

~Randy
RobinH

Postby RobinH » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:07 pm

It seems that link doesn't work until you've actually joined the group. But the facebook search feature was working again, so I was able to find and join the group.

I checked out your website briefly. It has a lot of spelling mistakes that really should be corrected. This was the first one that jumped out at me: "We are woking with N'Lightning who is the undisputed leader in biblically-based video games." A lot of people would say that sentence contains a factual error too :)
randyness

Postby randyness » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 pm

thanks, I'll get on it

Randy
randyness

Postby randyness » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am

I understand that there are some who would say that "undisputed leader" is a factual error. Honestly, that’s a copy and paste from a document written by Ralph Bagley for investors to look at regarding Shepherd of Aion. And of all the things they have challenged us on, that was the easiest to solve. Mardel is an extremely popular Christian Book Store across the United States owned by Mart Green, son of David Green (owner of Hobby Lobby). Back to the point- After first speaking with Ralph I went into a local Mardel (this was when I was still at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma). There were only two video games in the entire store and that was "Left Behind" (bombed) and Catachumen. That proved the point to me. I understand that there may be thousands of arguments against it.
I am a public speaker and marketing guru. In business and politics words are used to sway the opinions of the masses. The point is that N'Lightning has made a name for themselves, that is how Ralph has gotten us in front of Venture Capital Investors that rep companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Nike, and Regal Cinemas. Its also helped me to get the business plan in front of the owner of Mardel, Hobby Lobby, the president of Fox Faith, and reps of Walden Media (co-makers of Chronicles of Narnia).

Now, you would definitely fit into an important category in all this. The names above are only investors who agree that N'Lightning is the undisputed leader. But you are a potential consumer/supporter of our product. Which means that your opinion (in my humble view) is much more important than theirs. You are also a brother in Christ giving much weight to your advice. Some may not agree about N'Lightning but I know for a fact that once this game gets out there, its going to be a huge hit.

The Lord has given me an entire fantasy world so vast that Im suprised it even fits in my brain (2000 year history, 9+ races and 7 Kingdoms that come from Greek and Hebrew words, an amount of spiritual symbolism that is incredible, a Christ figure, an evangelicle message, and even an interactive Bible that doesnt make the game hokey). This idea is so awesome that once I showed the artists who are now working for me they agreed to work for free until investment. If their excitement is an indicator this thing will be very very big. 5 2d artists and 1 2d artist have signed NDAs and seen the write ups and all of them were blown away. Thats why Im sure its of the Lord. Im not capable of producing something so impressive. I have a great imagination but nothing so rich and detailed has ever come out of my brain... lol

Randy
shepherdofaion.com
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 am

We all know marketing is marketing. And the CDN site is here to help and support you and Ralph in any way. Heck, you're a *part* of the site, now.

Truthfully speaking, we ought not to confuse victory with leadership. Ralph's efforts are indisputably victorious, and might be the most victorious. But I've never met him and he's not led me anywhere. The leaders of the Christian gaming industry are on Game Ace, and right here on this site.

Competition is good, and success in business is good, too. But it is not leadership. He is of course the leader of his company, and he is your leader and you have been blessed by the relationship, it seems. But he is not the leader of the Christian Gaming Industry.

Let me bookend this with good sense: it's difficult to raise money and awareness by being forthright. The bible says "do what your hands find to do, and if the Lord adds wealth to it, so much the better." Any other way is simply the way of man. It's not necessarily evil, but God is not in it. Remember that Ralph's games would not have been funded if God had not swayed the hearts of businessmen after Columbine. Before that, their hearts were hard.

My hope in bringing light to such things is that big hitters would consider *actually* leading and becoming more involved in the Christian Gaming Industry--that we'd see them or hear from them more than once every few years. That means leading by fostering and mentoring, not by being the best in the industry. This requires humility, patience, and love.
randyness

Postby randyness » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 am

First let me say that I respect you and your position of authority on this site. Under the guide of Romans 13, I have taken what you said as you were a minister unto from the Lord. It has challenged a claim made by a good friend. A claim that I have in the past supported without questioning.

In our past interaction I have deducted that you are a Christian who loves the Lord and lives His life for Christ. So any challenge placed by a person so genuine needs some thought and prayer.

After much though and prayer, I do believe that Ralph is "A" leader in the Christian Gaming Industry. Especially under the definition you set forth. But I know someone who could make the case for Ralph's claim much better than me. Ralph.

He and his daughter currently have a very bad case of pneumonia and were recently hospitalized with it. They are back out of the hospital recovering very slowly (please pray for them). Given this, it may be a few weeks before he can join us on this forum but I think he should join this forum anyway with or without a claim to defend.

Lastly, Ralph may not have fostered and mentored YOU, but he has fostered and mentored at least a dozen people that I know of and probably more. One of which saw their product on the shelves of Walmart and Target.

I plan to take leadership to much further of a level. I plan to make it possible for Christian Games to make it to the market by starting a Christian Venture Capital Company. After the success of the Aion Trilogy and Unwanted Children (another game idea that I had) I will pass the torch of my company. I will then work full time to complete my Business Degree and start the only Christian Venture Capital Company out there (please do correct me if I am wrong). The company will not only be about turning Christian Ideas into a reality but also fostering and mentoring entrepreneurs into blossoming their ideas into something marketable.

~Randy
Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:38 am

Um...do you mean a venture capital company with the explicit purpose of funding entertainment endeavors (like video games, etc)?

There are actually many christian/christian-affiliated/religious venture capital companies out there...but I'm not personally aware of one that is oriented toward helping "christian game developers" get on their feet. That isn't to say one or more does not exist.
JeTSpice
TALKer!

Postby JeTSpice » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 am

well stated, Randy. It would be an absolute joy to hear from Ralph on these forums. Until then, I'll pray for him and his daughter to get well.
randyness

Postby randyness » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:09 am

Um...do you mean a venture capital company with the explicit purpose of funding entertainment endeavors (like video games, etc)?

There are actually many christian/christian-affiliated/religious venture capital companies out there...but I'm not personally aware of one that is oriented toward helping "christian game developers" get on their feet. That isn't to say one or more does not exist.
-----------

I have found 1 and the rest that I found invest in NPO/Churches. But oh please do tell if you know of others.

~Randy
Mene-Mene
TALKer!

Postby Mene-Mene » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:14 am

Randy:
Technically, JeT has no power, but he is a respected member of the community... Just wanted to point that out.

I wish you good will in your ventures, and I hope that you are able to achieve what you hope. I also pray that you will be guarded from too much pride and ambition (I'm not saying that you have that, I've just know many people who have failed due to these).
M^2 out-
It's Time to get Terminal!
randyness

Postby randyness » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:58 am

God has made sure to keep me humble. I will admit that I am not an expert. Im just the guy that the Lord has given an entire fantasy world so vast that Im suprised it even fits in my brain (2000 year history, 9+ races and 7 Kingdoms that come from Greek and Hebrew words, an amount of spiritual symbolism that is incredible, a Christ figure, an evangelicle message, and even an interactive Bible that doesnt make the game hokey). This idea, meeting Ralph, and getting in front of all the right people all happened because God wanted it to. There are people that are helping me to do this that are 200x more qualified to do this than I am. God is litterally carying us across the finish line and it is next to miraculous! I mean, my Marketing Director has owned two marketing businesses and is an Art Director at the Pentagon! My VP has a Bachelors in History, a Jurisdoctorate, and was a project manager for 4 years. My Art Director has been a sucessfull free-lance Graphic Designer/Illustrator for 20+ years and has a Bachelors in Illustration with a minor in English. All of these people are more qualified than myself to do this, but God gave it to me to illustrate that He uses the weak to confound the strong.

Thanks for keeping it real and always feel free to bring me back to reality if I need it,
Randy

Return to “Forums Help & Assistance”