Posting Question

Recieve help using these forums.

Moderator: samw3

Harold Ramis

Posting Question

Postby Harold Ramis » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Is it permissible to post a link to a survey for a university class or is this considered spam? It concerns the market viability of Christian-themed games. I couldn't find any specific posting guidelines, so I thought I would ask.

I assure you it is a purely academic endeavor and can provide proof to moderators if necessary.

I also asked at CCG (see thread), where I found this site, and they said it was fine.
HanClinto
Site Admin

Re: Posting Question

Postby HanClinto » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Harold Ramis wrote:Is it permissible to post a link to a survey for a university class or is this considered spam? It concerns the market viability of Christian-themed games. I couldn't find any specific posting guidelines, so I thought I would ask.

Hey Harold -- definitely appreciate you asking.

Sure -- in your case (you helped make the decision easy because you asked so nicely), go right ahead -- feel free to create a thread about it. Either The Biz or the Help Wanted section would be fine.

Will the paper / research be made available after it is compiled? I know that such information is something that many of the developers here are quite interested in as well. :)

Either way (whether the research is made available or not), this sounds like a reasonable project, and we're all about helping people on their projects here -- particularly ones having to do with development, religion, and / or games.

Cheers!

--clint
""

._Image
Harold Ramis

Re: Posting Question

Postby Harold Ramis » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Thank you, clint!

HanClinto wrote:Will the paper / research be made available after it is compiled? I know that such information is something that many of the developers here are quite interested in as well. :)

Yes, I will make it available. I can show some preliminary results toward the end of May, but I plan to collect data for another year, so it may be awhile. :)