So my game is kinda finished.
I'm sure I can go back and try to tweak somethings (and I will) but it's in a good 98-99% completed.
The main story of No More Burnt Offerings goes like this.
As a newly born again Christian you discover that the sacrificial system is now done away with, since Jesus, was the ultimate sacrifice. But there are still some burning burnt offerings, so it's your job to put out all the flames of the burnt offerings. As you do so, you'll discover bible text that further show how Jesus as the lamb of God, was the 1 true sacrifice that all the other ones pointed to.
There are 7 stages - plains, desert, rainy, hills, snow, night & caves
Find (and put out) all off the burning burnt offerings.
I decided not to make the levels timed only because the timer script/asset I have from the unity asset store doesn't only show seconds ( or it always shows the minute values even if they are all zeroes) and sometimes it's just cool to run around in 3D without worrying about dying or enemies. That and I didn't have time to make enemies and couldn't figure out how to program a lives option.
Gaming inspirations for my game come from kingdom hearts (player character), phantasy star online (plains & caves stage) ssx tricky - untracked course (snow stage) musashi samurai legend - 1st area forest (night stage) music wise, I really liked the flower game (by that game company) soundtrack and wanted to have a similar type of music for my game.
Why I took so long to say / post anything
Honestly, squeezing in game dev between work and sleep was tough. Sunday - Thursday I got maybe 3 or 4 hours in a day, and the mega day was Friday, a solid 10 hours of game development. Then Saturday night was adding music, and now for the tweaking and....
From the jump, I knew I wanted my game to be PC, Mac, Linux / web game, but also touch screen android (sorry I don't have a Mac but if I did, I'd try to port it to ios too) and and ouya. So far my web game is p layable and my touch screen android version is playable. The ouya port needs to have the right joystick modified as by default it can't be used for full mouse look, just to turn left & right. Also, trying to squeeze my web game down to a size where it can be played in a web portal ( so about 20 MB max) was also "interesting" (frustrating). Shrinking texture sizes, combining meshes, creating texture atlas, all things I never really was accustomed to doing and my web game is still about 25MB (so much fail...so much 5MB of fail!)
I probably should've had a more concrete plan starting out. I didn't really deviate too much from what my original idea was but feature creep ( or in my case multiplatform madness ) probably kept me from make a really good PC or webgame as I was always thinking about the limitations of my lowest platform (mobile)
I'll post a few links in a few...